Why Can't We Use Anti-Undead Spells(Pallys)

#0 - Feb. 20, 2007, 5:51 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Hey guys I always wanted to know why pally was unable to use such useful spells such as exorcism or unholy wrath or turn undead on actual players as that we were build for to combat the undead forces. I dont think it would be to buffed as that is what paladin does but except you can implement it in a way that it only does half the damage to another player. Many times I found that this would be useful in pvp and found this somewhat unfair to our classes as that this is what we did also in Warcraft III and it is in the lore that the light with kill the undead. Well just my 2 cents and I'd really like a blue reply on why this could not be so.
#1 - Feb. 20, 2007, 5:54 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Hey guys I always wanted to know why pally was unable to use such useful spells such as exorcism or unholy wrath or turn undead on actual players as that we were build for to combat the undead forces. I dont think it would be to buffed as that is what paladin does but except you can implement it in a way that it only does half the damage to another player. Many times I found that this would be useful in pvp and found this somewhat unfair to our classes as that this is what we did also in Warcraft III and it is in the lore that the light with kill the undead. Well just my 2 cents and I'd really like a blue reply on why this could not be so.

You apparently weren't around for the original beta. ;) Let's just say the abilities against undead were extremely powerful and deemed too much for PvP use.
#96 - Feb. 20, 2007, 8:24 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

actually it was the mages and warlocks complaining that they couldn't fear/sheep undead players... YOU obviously weren't around for the beta either blizzard poster

Two sides of the same coin. The Forsaken labeled as undead and given the immunities thereof was powerful and the use of undead disabling powers against other players was also very powerful. Things were changed to achieve a better balance both for PvP and PvE.