BC won't fix lfg tool problems

#0 - Dec. 15, 2006, 6:47 a.m.
Blizzard Post
It's mostly all been said before, but I'm sick of seeing ppl say "wait til BC comes out."

Ppl aren't using lfg tool because they have gone pvp mad.
- This is true, what makes you think they will stop? Casuals can get epic pvp gear now, so they can spend more time pvp'ing and get rewarded. New gear, new weapons, new BG. Pvp is here to stay.

When BC comes out, ppl will be pvp'ing. There are new races, think ppl will be trying them out too? They can't monitor lfg because it is level restricted so no action for the mains there.

No-one's going to know where they want to go or what they want to do in the expansion for quite a while. Levelling and questing, can you use the tool to help with that? (non-epic quests) Think there's going to be lots of ppl signing up for old world stuff when you only have a choice of 3 things to do?

There is nothing to monitor, it's level restricted. You can only use it for things Blizz decide to put in there. Can';t form pvp grps, faction grps, mix high and low level ppl together. No effective way to look for or replace ppl. I hate it. I haven't had group or raid action since it started and that's over 5 characters.
#2 - Dec. 15, 2006, 6:55 a.m.
Blizzard Post
We're continuing to work and refine the Looking For Group tool, and listening to concerns, complaints, and suggestions as well. We do feel that the tool is an excellent way to find groups, and will continue to be, and we're fully committed to continuing to improve it and make changes that will help it become more versatile and helpful in finding groups.

It depends on what you see as "the problem", but I don't think you can deny that the majority of players will be in a leveling environment again which will sharply increase the amount of players looking for groups, regardless of what that means for the LFG tool.
#21 - Dec. 15, 2006, 7:15 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Are the large downfalls of the LFG tool that hidden to you guys?
Its only slightly better than the old Meeting stones and still hardly no one uses it. General chat (and why is it split in the cities again?) and Trade channels are now used to find groups, because in the end thats the only thing thats working. Maybe if the Devs came and read what the players say they can come up with a working interface, but as it is now the new interface is horriable and the Devs can't see it.
1) Theres no way to see all groups lfm (also for any instance reguardless of lvl)
2) Theres no way to determine spec of the player
3) No way no see all the instances your LFG in at the same time, right now you have to cycle through drop down menus and that take far more time that people want to devote just to check the status of the tool.
4) Instances to limited, Strat is not split into Live and Undead even though people never run both sides at the same time. Marudan (SP?) has 2 sides as well.
5) No ability so lfg for normal zone quests, and even to state what quests you need help with.
There are other but these are why my guild won't use the interface.

I believe you may have skipped over the first paragraph in my post.
#410 - June 12, 2007, 8:58 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Thread Necromancy: Not everyone is doing it and neither should you.

Thread closed.