Resilience and DoT's -- Fix inside!

#0 - June 14, 2007, 7:46 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Remove crits and resilience entirely. Now everyone is on the same footing. No more crits, no more resilience, everyone benefits equally.

If I told you I was remvoing crits from an ability that your class uses, you'd want something in return, right? That would be a nerf, to remove the ability to crit.

DoT's can't crit. This isn't a bonus, this is a limitation inherent to DoT's. This isn't a good thing, it is something we deal with, like cooldowns and range limitations.

Resilience affects crits. Since DoT's can't crit, you're already ahead of the game. You can have from 0-1000000 resilience rating and I gaurantee you will never, ever be crit by a DoT. You have already prevented all DoT crit damage by simply playing the game.

This is similar to having an ability which lowers the range of abilities used against you, and then arguing that it should also add additional miss chance to melee attacks, because they don't have a range to being with.

DoT's can't crit. This is bad for those that use DoT's, but good for every class that has one cast on them.
Resilience affects crits. This is bad for those that use abilities that crit, but good for everyone that has an ability crit on them.

#1 - June 14, 2007, 7:48 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Remove crits and resilience entirely.

No, that's... no.