Falling behind?

#1 - Jan. 31, 2007, 3:52 p.m.
Blizzard Post
im falling behind in school.
#27 - Jan. 31, 2007, 4:45 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
For the first time I feel like I'm falling behind. The guild I'm in has several 70s (with at least 4 of my class) who have begun getting keyed. I waste no time questing once I log on, only taking breaks to mail stuff off and repair but I'm barely 68. Not to mention the rep requirements will only make the gap wider.

Am I worrying too much?

Yes, you are worrying too much. Relax. Enjoy the game. You're 68 and only 2 levels shy of 70. Your guildmates can take the time to help you out in getting keyed as well if they want to all do it as a guild and not have to rely on others. That's what being a part of a guild is for right? As much as many people make the game into a giant race to the finish, it's not. It's a game and is meant to be enjoyed. Worrying about these sorts of small things strips away that enjoyment and negates the very purpose of playing.
#76 - Jan. 31, 2007, 6:03 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Nethaera, I just want to point something out that I hope you read and absorb. A part of the problem with this statement is that in order to compete in PvP you need to have the statistic upgrades provided by time investment. It's great to relax and enjoy the game and I would like to do that. But your company has designed this game around time invested progress and without maximizing playtime you simply do not compete with those who do.

There is a small time cap, small. Very very small. And if I focus right perhaps I can maximize my statistics to compete with those on a skill vs. skill level; the only true PvP for me. In doing this I reduce the abilities of skilled players below my playtime which I do regret, unlike the epeen waving insecure nerd culture your developers have allowed to flourish by designing high end content towards that attitude (even your NPCs call players scrubs now, amirite?).

It's a game with a good competitive spirit and a lot of gear dependancy. It is destroyed by the need to progress statistically and eventually overwhelming those who cannot or do not wish to commit an extraordinarily large portion of their lives to the game.

Incredibly skilled players cannot compete with those carried by their gear. So, how can those who are driven relax when we have to compete with the underage, the unemployed, and those without lives?

For shame.

>:(

So you might spend a short amount of time taking a few dirt naps. OR, you could group with people and complete quests, do dungeons and more. (Safety in numbers and all that.) While I understand the desire to be competitive (being a competitive person myself) I also understand that time constraints can put a kibosh on the idea of being competitive on the same level as others, time also has a way of evening things out. The cap is level 70. That means, everyone can reach the cap and gain access to the very same things everyone else can given time. You'll be competitive enough in all due time. Being competitive on the same level "now" may not be feasible but it will be.