Autofollow now forces you to WALK when close

#0 - May 23, 2007, 4:39 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Because you know, people really clamored for that....

It may be nitpicking but what on earth was the reason for changing that? Did role players throw a fit because running up to your friends was too unrealistic? Were the devs just bored one day? Maybe it's the smallest of time-sinks in a game full of time-sinks that wasn't going to be full of time-sinks? You know, add 2-3 seconds everytime you want to AF to find your buddy in Org to make a trade. Okay, I'm reaching, I know ;)

Seriously though, this is even stranger than changing the stealth animation which I can't recall a single person, ever, saying needed to be changed or any single way, ever, that it improved things.

Such is life I guess but just one time I'd love to hear a logical reason for such odd uses for dev time. Not a joke or some random comment but a real sense of the thought process behind seemingly unnecessary changes.
#5 - May 23, 2007, 4:43 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Maybe so that if you're walking and someone is auto-following you they'll walk too instead of doing weird/lame looking run-pause-run-pause jerking movements? I don't know if that's the reason but it seems somewhat logical to me.

You could actually get some very smooth and straight looking processions with this I would think for movies or otherwise.