Talent refund when 2.0.10 goes live

#0 - Feb. 25, 2007, 10:51 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Does anyone know if we get our talents refunded when this patch goes live?
#12 - Feb. 26, 2007, 4:27 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Does anyone know if we get our talents refunded when this patch goes live?

At present time there are no plans for a talent refund. That said however, I'll forward the request. I just wouldn't plan on it being granted given that this is most likely not considered significant enough to warrant free respecs. You never know however so we'll ask.
#29 - Feb. 26, 2007, 4:32 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I am erring on the side of caution here because I don't want to say something is going to happen that isn't. Please don't mistake that for anything else. I will be forwarding the request.
#52 - Feb. 26, 2007, 4:46 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Do you people even talk to each other? You could make my text blue and I could provide the same quality of information.

Yes we do but welcome to Monday. It's the day that comes after the weekend. ;) It's also still a bit early here yet.
#57 - Feb. 26, 2007, 4:50 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Monday? What about last week? What about last month? What about last year?

Isn't that just a touch dramatic so early in the morning? I know you're frustrated (as are many others) but I think taking a deep breath and counting to ten can do wonders. I know I do that myself when I get a bit too tense and it helps a bit. I know it stinks to be asked to be patient and to give feedback when you feel you've been patient and you are giving feedback regularly but it's what is needed at this point in time.
#74 - Feb. 26, 2007, 5:01 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

what's needed at this point is a fresh face we can talk to. You guys have done your best and it just hasn't worked out. A fresh CM could start anew and maybe we all can learn from the mistakes made by each camp to date.

Sometimes divorce is the right decision.

You view things as mistakes when they are not. There are boundaries that we must work within and do what we can to stretch them here and there to get the players more but we are a part of a much larger team and must respect that. We must do for you and do for the company we work for both and do so in a way that works well for both. It is not an easy task but contrary to what many believe and despite the hardships that come about with this job, I can't think of another one I would want to do. You see it as a failure on the part of the CMs but we are not responsible for changes that do or do not happen and we do our best to get the community information as quickly as we are able. Sometimes that isn't as fast as we like or as fast as the community likes but there are always reasons for it even if we can't share those reasons with you. We push where we can but there are processes internally that you do not see.

This isn't about anyone failing. This is about taking in a larger picture and working within it to do what is best for everyone on many levels. Sometimes it's more difficult than you know it to be and while people want to play the blame game, this isn't about blame. It's about evolving the game. For some the evolution is better. For some it is worse. This being an MMORPG though, things can change based on testing and player feedback. I can't stress that enough.
#150 - Feb. 26, 2007, 6:38 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

I'm sure everyone (well...most people...well, a few of us) understand that you can't always give the answers you'd like to give. However, it would be a major improvement to change from:

1. "Let me get back to you" | "I'll ask about that" | "I'll see what I can find out"
2. Silence

To:

1. "Let me get back to you" | "I'll ask about that" | "I'll see what I can find out"
2. "I looked into it, and I'm sorry to say that at this time, we cannot provide any further info because we haven't decided yet | it's a sensitive issue and the devs want to be certain of things before releasing details | it's simply a mechanic we prefer to keep under the hood at this time | etc."

We've all done this at one point or another (#2 on your second list). The problem is that threads get easily buried with those responses. If we respond again with the same message we are often branded as not having anything new to say or just copying and pasting responses. Some people are ok with "I don't know" or "I can't tell you about that" but many others just aren't and never will be ok with that.

Unfortunately we can only get to so many posts in a day as well and honestly, there are many times people think I've left a thread, that I'm ignoring it or many other things when I'm simply busy with other work related tasks and am just not able to get around to posting for a bit. As you all know, posting information or even responses to things that are about weighty issues take some time and thought. Fun threads I can occassionaly slip into for a second or two because they take little time and still give me some presence on the forums so that people know I'm still around. This goes for any of the rest of the CM team as well. We try to make sure people know we are here and reading. We may not always be responding to everything you want us to respond to but we may be researching an answer or just not have one to give and sometimes entering a thread and saying "I don't know" doesn't always give people the impression that we care like we actually do.

As much flack as people give us for our sarcastic humor at times, I can say we all are very nice people. We like giving good news of course, far more than bad. We like to help and like to do what we can for the community as much as we can because we care. People will always have the perception that this is not true but it is very true more so than people realize. While you dream of playing the game, we dream of questions we want to make sure get forwarded to the development team or brought up in meetings. Even when we are off of work, we are still thinking about the community and the feedback, feelings, hopes and aspirations of the community for the future of the game.

I already forwarded the question in regard to respecs this morning. In the meantime I don't have any other answers beyond what I've said. At current, there is no plan to allow respecs. Should that change, we will let people know.
#157 - Feb. 26, 2007, 6:45 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Cliff Note Version of that Wall of text:

We do what we want , when we want and don't need to give reasons. Now pay us our $15.00 and enjoy a game which has never been balance since release.

I never did use Cliff Notes when I was in school. It always left out far too much detail and never fully conveyed the meaning of the original text. Much like your own version of my text. Although, in your case, it doesn't even come close to the meaning and Cliff's notes get a bit closer. I'd suggest people read it for themselves rather than relying on a flawed summary.