Depeche Mode fans at Blizzard hq's?

#0 - June 21, 2007, 9:20 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Hello!

I've been wondering something...I recently did the quest "Precious and fragile things need special handling" in Azuremyst Isle on my Draenei priest, and noticed the name of the quest was also the opening line of "Precious" by Depeche Mode. Just coincidence or is there a fan amongst the quest writers? :)
#3 - June 21, 2007, 9:27 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Hello!

I've been wondering something...I recently did the quest "Precious and fragile things need special handling" in Azuremyst Isle on my Draenei priest, and noticed the name of the quest was also the opening line of "Precious" by Depeche Mode. Just coincidence or is there a fan amongst the quest writers? :)

We are a company comprised of many people with different interests, cultural knowledge, and educations. We also like to give a nod to pop culture here and there because it's a fun part of our games and has been for years. As to whether or not this was a purposeful nod to Depeche Mode, I couldn't say, but I personally like them. ;)
#13 - June 21, 2007, 9:36 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Dont forget that guy standing at AQ doors

<name> the Revelator

DOnt remember the name in game

There's actually a Blues song called "John the Revelator". It's the opening song in the Blues Brothers 2000 in fact and a great song.
#45 - June 21, 2007, 10:17 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Before the term 'emo' was ever around, there was Depeche Mode.

Those references you mention are totally obvious. It's hardly a coincidence.

That was mod. Don't muddle them!