Second Expansion?

#0 - Dec. 18, 2006, 8:50 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Do you guys (Blizzard Ent.) have any preliminary plans for the expansion after The Burning Crusade? Possibly a delve into Northrend? Opening up Hyjal's current zone? Exploring a 3rd faction comprised of neutrals, i.e. Ogres, Goblins and the like; which would open up the possibility of exploring Undermine? Expanding the second seemingly obscure instance entrance in Stormwind? Allowing the general populous into the Emerald Dream? Opening Uldam in Tenaris? Hero Classes?

Ideas from Tegras of Argent Dawn
Q u o t e:
-Player Housing
-Guild halls
-Guild Banks
-Barbershops
-Seige Weapons
-Destructable buildings
-A new class

Also, if there are plans, do you think it might be slated for less than a years time; faster than the current expansion which from original release is looking like a little more than 2 years to become available? I really love this game and love seeing it grow, just a bit curious as to what we might see after we conquer Outland.

If curiosity killed the cat, I'm already dead :P
/tar Kitty
/cast Rebirth

Edit: Ty Nethaera for your response, its fueled a lot of discussion :)
#1 - Dec. 18, 2006, 8:55 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Yes, we are working on plans. No, I can't tell you what they are, how far they are or what timeline we are looking at. Sorry. :(

Please don't let the kitty die!
#74 - Dec. 18, 2006, 11:03 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

A follow up: in the some of the developer interviews it was mentioned that Blizzard was thinking of releasing expansion quality content on an annual basis after TBC. I know these statements are by no means "gospel", but I was interested nonetheless. Are there still hopes internally for annual expansions?

As far as I'm aware that is still a goal. Keep in mind that there is a level of quality we want to maintain with each release as well so timelines are subject to a bit of flex.