Resist Stacking in Arena

#0 - July 10, 2007, 3:19 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Blizzard needs to make it where you cannot switch your gear in arena.

This is a huge imbalance to gameplay especially in 2v2. There are mods out there where someone can switch all of their gear in 1 second out of combat. With a push of a button with easily purchased greens from AH they have become IMMUNE to shadow priests/warlocks.

To all of you that say "hahah warlock qqing they dominate arena lolzzzzz hahahaha" whatever and most likely you're a noob. For an example, no lock team is beating a good rogue team, and a good warrior team is a huge pain in the ass. TOo bad theres not many of those! oh wait.. yeah now that point is settled anyway....

Resistance stacking is out of control and is no where even remotely comparable to resillance. As soon as 400 resillance gives meeles 75% chance to miss, then it will be comparable.

To all of you that say "just use fire spells" once again you're a noob. A lock using fire spells only is like playing a fire mage that can't BLINK, NOVA, POLY, ICS, ICEBLOCK, etc etc, all they're allowed to do is run around and try casting weak ass scorch or a 3 second fireball. That is PvPing as a lock without shadow spells.

If an arena team wants to resistance stack that is fine since they would be at a huge disadvantage vs other teams.. but this is not the case. They can just "change gear" with a mod and become immune then have their regular gear on for non magic users.

This is a huge arena imbalance.
#153 - July 10, 2007, 7:17 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Blizzard needs to make it where you cannot switch your gear in arena.

This is a huge imbalance to gameplay especially in 2v2. There are mods out there where someone can switch all of their gear in 1 second out of combat. With a push of a button with easily purchased greens from AH they have become IMMUNE to shadow priests/warlocks.

To all of you that say "hahah warlock qqing they dominate arena lolzzzzz hahahaha" whatever and most likely you're a noob. For an example, no lock team is beating a good rogue team, and a good warrior team is a huge pain in the ass. TOo bad theres not many of those! oh wait.. yeah now that point is settled anyway....

Resistance stacking is out of control and is no where even remotely comparable to resillance. As soon as 400 resillance gives meeles 75% chance to miss, then it will be comparable.

To all of you that say "just use fire spells" once again you're a noob. A lock using fire spells only is like playing a fire mage that can't BLINK, NOVA, POLY, ICS, ICEBLOCK, etc etc, all they're allowed to do is run around and try casting weak ass scorch or a 3 second fireball. That is PvPing as a lock without shadow spells.

If an arena team wants to resistance stack that is fine since they would be at a huge disadvantage vs other teams.. but this is not the case. They can just "change gear" with a mod and become immune then have their regular gear on for non magic users.

This is a huge arena imbalance.

We do plan to disallow gear swapping (other than items you can normally change while in combat) once an arena battle has begun.
#169 - July 10, 2007, 7:22 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
How about making DoTs affected by resilience sometime in the near future?

That's going to happen too.
#199 - July 10, 2007, 7:27 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
God forbid I join the arena with the wrong gear set on. NERF MISTAKES!

"...once an arena battle has begun"
#214 - July 10, 2007, 7:31 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
I hear there's no such thing as a "premade" and that only "orgs" exist. confirm/deny?

True only on Tichondrius.
#307 - July 10, 2007, 7:53 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Kalgan I kindly ask that you be made aware of this as well.... (this has absolutely nothing to do with dot -> resilience nerf, i understand that it's something that needs to be done anyways):

It's good that you guys are going to make gear unswappable when the arena game starts but please be aware that it's VERY EASY to predict which team you're about to play merely with the arena queue pop time. For example, at 2000+ rating in 5v5, qeue times will take a minimum of 2 minutes to pop until you come across a team that will yield a low amount of points.

Now here's the problem: There will be times (this happens REALLY OFTEN) when there is one other good team out there that will yield potentially equal points. When this occurs, the queue pops nearly instantly after your team enters the queue. At that point both teams are 100% certain that they will be fighting each other once they come across each other in a previous arena match. I understand the complications in not being able to gear swap PRIOR to the arena battle starting, but perhaps you could at least make it so they are unable to swap prior to queueing?

Thanks in advance.

I understand the boudnary case you're describing (been in plenty of those situations myself), but off the top of my head I'm not seeing a practical way that we'd prevent players from swapping gear before queue'ing without creating a bunch of new problems or adding significant complexity to the queue process.

If you're being matched up against the same opponent repeatedly, and you're worried about that team stacking gear against you, it seems like it might be a good time to take a few minutes out of the queue to increase your chance to match up against another team (and potentially hose them for trying to stack gear), or to play at a different time.