Resil = crit related. dots are not. so why..?

#0 - July 11, 2007, 8:27 p.m.
Blizzard Post
have you idiots at blizzard lost track of the complexities (i use the term loosely) of your own game?

if resilience is to reduce the chance of being critically hit, and to reduce the dmg from a crit if you DO get critically hit.. where in there do you see anything about dots which take all damn day to do anything and dont crit?

youre all fools. GG, blizz. and yes, all the other warlocks feel the same way im sure, they just wont come out and say so in so many words. sigh.
#40 - July 11, 2007, 7:43 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
have you idiots at blizzard lost track of the complexities (i use the term loosely) of your own game?

Thank you for your kind words. Well, I would say that allowing an entire spell type that has no [ed]passive mitigation is actually less than complex. It's the antithesis of complex, it's actually quite plain. Yes you can stack against a school, but that's extremely limiting with the potential for DoTs to become much more prevalent in other schools. It's prohibitive to the future design of spells, classes, abilities, itemization, etc. when there is an anomaly of damage that has no real consistent way to deal with it.

I think your question is mostly boiling down to "Why resilience?" and the simple answer is because it's a PvP stat. It's already a stat on the items that we would want it to be, and it's already widely supported. It was a pretty clear choice.

Before, resilience was a way to mitigate through reduction of crit chance and damage, and now it's a way to mitigate through reduction of crit chance/damage, and DoT damage.
#83 - July 11, 2007, 7:55 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
dispell?

Yes, in the perfect storm of 'anti-you' your DoTs will never be allowed to land successfully. There are tactical choices, abilities, team members, all of which can reduce your chance to have them dispelled.

A counter to a counter. Sounds like fun and engaging gameplay.

Q u o t e:
low coefficients to +dmg?
resist chance each tick?

Uh, well you would actually have the ability to overcome these though itemization if they're an issue. The person on the other end of the DoT does not. Until after the change that is.