What features do you want in next expansion?

#0 - May 30, 2007, 2:51 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I know that there is still much content out there that TBC will explore, but I do have to say, that I am looking forward to the next expansion.

The main features I would like to see would be a return to Azeroth and an opening of some of the 'locked' zones in Azeroth such as Gilneas, Hyjal, the Maelstrom, and of course Northrend. Speaking of which, I am hoping for some new concepts to be developed in terms of the zones. One thing I would like to see would be a few zones be designated as 'war zones'. In which the alliance and horde are engaged in open conflict, and in the zone there are a number of pvp objectives and goals to accomplish. Think alterac valley the way it was intended to be, not a race to see who can reach the opposing general first, but a map where the side that wins will be the side that is able to accomplish a number of objectives to make assaulting the opposing fortress possible (air strikes, assault teams, SIEGE WEAPONS, etc.)

I also want to see some sort of advanced character development. I'd love to see hero classes become an option, but I do realize the challenge of trying to balance a hero class would be a difficult thing and probably would better served as an expansion pack unto itself so that hero classes can get the attention and balance that becomming a 'hero' would deserve. What I would like to see though is the chance to further develop characters beyond talents and gear, perhaps some sort of specialization thta characters can opt for, but with more of an impact on the character. It should also have a degree of permenancy as well, perhaps a player can only change their specialization once every 30 or 60 days, and at a high cost as well. Just for example, a marksmanship hunter could have a Master Marksman specialization be available to him and gain increased ranged damage, crit, and distance, as well as 2 new abillities specific to the specialization that they have chosen.
#7 - May 30, 2007, 3:59 p.m.
Blizzard Post
It's so tempting to answer this, but then people would read way into what I'm saying and swear I said that "x,y,z" features were being added. So i'm just going to sit back and watch what others have to say and sip my orange mocha. (It sounded better than it is.)
#25 - May 30, 2007, 4:07 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Maybe its a little early in the day, but how about a peppermint one instead, Miss Candle ? ^_^

Unfortunately, I'm allergic to peppermint. :( It's sad. I know.

I am looking forward to seeing our next expansion actualized as well and seeing everyone else get a chance to take a gander at it.

That said though, I'm still enjoying the Burning Crusade and exploring things.

I know I've said this before, but the expansivenes of World of Warcraft is massive given that the story is continually evolving and we're being given not only first hand experiences of the history of the world in places like the Caverns of Time, but being shown new places that carry into the future. I guess it's the advantage of having a dragon aspect that oversees the preservation of time. ;)
#44 - May 30, 2007, 4:13 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

How long would your job with this company last if you didn't say something like this?

Well, provided I still did my job to the best of my ability, I'm sure my job would be fine. In the meantime, I'm just posting my honest opinion. I know I get branded as the company woman for saying things like this, but I'd be saying the same were I not working for the company. I truly enjoy playing on many levels. :)
#63 - May 30, 2007, 4:20 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

And how much do you actually play? (I think that this may well be the main difference between you and many forumgoers...I take it you don't enjoy power-grinding to 70?) Also, PvE or PvP?

I've been 70 on one of my characters for awhile. I have others I play less often since I'm not in a rush to get them maxed. My main is what I currently focus on for rep gain etc , but I tend to mix things up between, rep, questing, pvp, raiding so that I don't burn out on any one. I've never been the nose to the grind stone leveler sort. Sorry to disappoint. I don't bother to track how many hours I play. I play for fun. When I am not having fun, I take a break. This way I keep from burning myself out. It's the same as I've done in any other game.
#123 - May 30, 2007, 5:08 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

What other games have you played Neth. I'd be interested in hearing what other games in the genre you played.

I can't name names here. Sorry. I don't want to turn this into a different sort of discussion. Let's just say, I've played a lot of them from betas to full releases. I've had my fill of experiences. :)