Has the ability to summon in AV been nerfed?

Forum Avatar
#0 - July 20, 2007, 2:13 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Was there a stealth nerf about an hour ago so that warlocks can't summon ppl in AV? I mean from one part of AV to another.

If so, why? because horde actually won a game using that strategy?

Btw, remove healthstones too..I find those usefull sometimes
#7 - July 20, 2007, 3:26 a.m.
Blizzard Post
The change is now listed in our hotfix sticky.

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=383539421&postId=3834051016&sid=1#0

The reason for the change is that it was being used to exploit battleground mechanics, most notably flag captures. We realize that its use in Alterac Valley was useful as the battleground is much larger in size, and it was with much disappointment that we had to make the change to keep players from exploiting its use in other battlegrounds. At current the rules extend through all battlegrounds which we find also helps maintain a consistency of rules and mechanics, but we will be watching the impact of the change.
#27 - July 20, 2007, 3:42 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Hold on, drysc - are you telling me that people are using their SPELLS to help teammates CAPTURE THE FLAGS?

WHAT MADNESS IS THIS?

No, really - how were people exploiting things so hard that it merits a broad nerf? The worst I could think of would be putting up the summoning sphere over the flag to stop people from clicking on it, but if that's the case, then - because it's channeled - they're sitting ducks. It's a risk to try and gain a reward. It's not exploiting.

It was along the lines of summoning someone as they approached the enemy flag, the person grabbing the flag, accepting the summon, and insta-capping. Not exactly intended use of the ability.
#50 - July 20, 2007, 4:16 a.m.
Blizzard Post
It's very possible that a more specific fix can be achieved or is being discussed, I only have information on the current hotfix at the moment though.