Signs of a good PUG :)

#0 - March 21, 2007, 7:51 a.m.
Blizzard Post
There are a ton of posts about bad pugs, and not really any about good ones. Well, there is now. I enjoy pugging on my various characters and here are some signs that it could be a good one.

1. When the group is filled there isnt anyone sitting on their lazy ass in IF, SW, Shatt waiting for a summon. Everyone is already there or flying there.

2. The loot rules are aggreed upon before the first pull.

3. DPS waits for the tank to get aggro.

4. There are no night elf hunters in the group.

5. The leader uses symbols and people actually understand what they mean.

6. Buffing classes actually use buffs that take reagents and pallies ask what blessing you want.

7. Everyone is repaired and has the necessary reagents.

8. When someone asks "Has anyone done this before?" or "Does anyone have the key?" there isnt complete silence.

9. Nobody is named "Pwnyou" "Xlegolasx" or any other dumb thing like that.

10. Nobody cares about damage meters.

11. Warlocks and mages give out healthstones and water without being asked to do so.

12. There are no unguilded non English speaking hunters or rogues (AKA Chinese farmer ninjas)

13. Nobody types like this: "Hay guyz wutz ^ i ned fat lewtz from dis boss kk????" (usually corresponds with #'s 9 and 4)

14. Everyone has enough time to complete the ENTIRE instance !!!!!

There are more good signs that you may not end up with a 9g repair bill. Feel free to add your own.
#17 - March 21, 2007, 9:26 p.m.
Blizzard Post
For me the sign of a good PUG is when everyone acts as if it's a guild run and does their jobs without being reminded of what is needed of them. It's also one in which everyone respects others as capable and skilled players from the start rather than assuming they don't know what they are doing.