Trojan attatched to 2.1

#0 - June 19, 2007, 5:52 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I actually did a scan this morning before I downloaded the patch, and nothing showed up. I did a scan after I heard of a trojan attatched with 2.1, and sure enough there was. It doesn't seem like it would be harmful...but your best bet would be to quarantine it. Here is my log :

---------------------------------------------------------
AVG Anti-Spyware - Scan Report
---------------------------------------------------------

+ Created at: 11:50:10 AM 6/19/2007

+ Scan result:

C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\WoW-2.0.12.6546-to-2.1.0.6692-enUS-downloader.exe -> Trojan.WOW.rg : Cleaned with backup (quarantined).
C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\WoW-2.1.0.6692-to-2.1.0.6729-enUS-downloader.exe -> Trojan.WOW.rg : Cleaned with backup (quarantined).
C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\WoW-2.1.0.6729-to-2.1.1.6739-enUS-downloader.exe -> Trojan.WOW.rg : Cleaned with backup (quarantined).
C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\WoWTest\WoW-0.1.0.6624-to-0.1.0.6641-enUS-downloader.exe -> Trojan.WOW.rg : Cleaned with backup (quarantined).
C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\WoWTest\WoW-0.1.0.6641-to-0.1.0.6655-enUS-downloader.exe -> Trojan.WOW.rg : Cleaned with backup (quarantined).
C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\WoWTest\WoW-0.1.0.6655-to-0.1.0.6678-enUS-downloader.exe -> Trojan.WOW.rg : Cleaned with backup (quarantined).
C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\WoWTest\WoW-0.1.0.6678-to-0.1.0.6692-enUS-downloader.exe -> Trojan.WOW.rg : Cleaned with backup (quarantined).

::Report end
#30 - June 19, 2007, 11:17 p.m.
Blizzard Post
We've been in the process of investigating this issue and we have been able to confirm that this is indeed a false-positive detection by a few anti-viruses in regards to the Blizzard Downloader. The Blizzard Downloader, which is used to download patches, does not contain a trojan, virus, or other malicious code.

We have been working directly with many anti-virus companies to resolve this, some of which have already deployed updated virus definitions that resolve this error. We recommend updating your definitions if you've received this false positive related to the Blizzard Downloader, and that you continue to check for updates as a resolution should be available soon if it is not already.