How do moths parry?

#0 - July 25, 2007, 9:23 p.m.
Blizzard Post
How do moths parry, it seems near impossible. It happens all the time when I melee one in Ammen Vale...
#12 - July 25, 2007, 10:01 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Fel Proboscis.
#54 - July 25, 2007, 11:21 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Care to give a real response? Why do these mobs have mitigation that they should obviously not have? I don't know how often mobs with no shield perform blocks, and its really stupid. Are WoW programmers so lazy that they don't include such simple checks for mob abilities?

Not really but I guess I will anyway.

Consistency of base mitigation abilities for mobs allows for a consistency of combat, while still allowing interesting and engaging offensive abilities, differentiating defensive abilities, and various mob characteristic design.

It's a bread and butter ground work that keeps mobs consistent in their ability to mitigate damage from all players. It can definitely create some weird situations where a grub really shouldn't be able to parry, but it can. I think you can deal with it, and join us in making jokes about how they excrete silk to create small hardened silk-blades to parry your attack.

Silk-Blade Hoooooooooo!
#64 - July 25, 2007, 11:38 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
The basic, and factual, response is that the developers/coders don't feel like designing each mob differently. So, every mob has a chance to dodge, parry, block and be missed. It doesn't matter what type of mob it is, or what condition the mob is in.

I've Miamed mobs and had them dodge, parry and then block my attacks even though they were "Incapacitated."

It all boils down to dev/coders taking short-cuts so that they can go home.

They don't tend ot care if it makes sense to you. For example, take the fact that a bear in any starting area can dodge, parry and block; however, a druid in bear form can only dodge. Why? Because the devs/coders say so. And for those of you who say, "Nerf your agility to dodge conversion and you can have parry and block." I say, DEAL. In the end, I'll still be able to get the same avoidance numbers AND be able to push crushing blows off of the table just like warriors can. So, stop whining about our dodge; it's balanced as it is, with the exception of crushing blows.

^
It's so full of facts!

Nah, it's actually not that hard to change each mob or even an entire type of mob to not have specific defensive abilities.
#75 - July 25, 2007, 11:46 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Why not change it then? =P

Read my previous response.

The TLDR version is that there's no reason to create an inconsistency in base mitigation for mobs, and by keeping it consistent it actually allows for more creative mob design.
#90 - July 25, 2007, 11:57 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Oh ok, I didn't notice the point at which this turned into a discussion purely about druid disabilities.

I'll just carefully step back out of the thread ... and...