WHY are Priest racials STILL imbalanced?

#0 - July 24, 2007, 10 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Honestly, this has gone on for long enough. Priest racials are no balanced, whatsoever. Why is it still like this, and why haven't we gotten ANY feedback regarding the issue? I was hoping 2.2 would mark a change for Priest racials, but no, nothing. Not even a passing mention. If the developers can't recognize that certain Priest races have major advantages over others due to a game mechanic that most Priests didn't know existed when they chose their class/race, they really need to wake up and get a clue. It's been like this since the game's been released, and the supposed "fix" in 1.10 did nothing fix anything. It'd be nice if a CM would just post "Sorry, we don't care, tough luck", because that's really how it seems to be, and if you made it clear that nothing is going to change I could just let it go.
#38 - July 24, 2007, 10:31 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Honestly, this has gone on for long enough. Priest racials are no balanced, whatsoever. Why is it still like this, and why haven't we gotten ANY feedback regarding the issue? I was hoping 2.2 would mark a change for Priest racials, but no, nothing. Not even a passing mention. If the developers can't recognize that certain Priest races have major advantages over others due to a game mechanic that most Priests didn't know existed when they chose their class/race, they really need to wake up and get a clue. It's been like this since the game's been released, and the supposed "fix" in 1.10 did nothing fix anything. It'd be nice if a CM would just post "Sorry, we don't care, tough luck", because that's really how it seems to be, and if you made it clear that nothing is going to change I could just let it go.

This has been addressed in a couple of threads before. I won't say "Sorry, we don't care, tough luck" because it's not true. We do care and we do want to take a look at Priest racials at a future point in time. We don't have an eta, an overview ,or a hint of what might be happening with these right now. When we get to the point where there is something more concrete to discuss, we will.
#64 - July 24, 2007, 10:50 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

I can't even fathom why priest racials aren't on the top of the development's priority list. The only thing that comes to my mind that has a bigger priotiy than priest racials is the poor status of the hunter class in arenas.

As it stands Night Elves and Trolls are the bastard priest race of their respective factions. I mean, you didn't even give Night Elves desperate prayer- the Gods don't call to the prayers of Night Elf priests but to Humans and Dwarves? What a joke.

It's easy to armchair quarterback about what is and isn't at the top of the list. There are quite a few things that are being worked on currently that can't be discussed yet on many levels. We will continue to discuss what we can as we can, but please keep in mind, not everything is an easy or quick fix no matter how it may seem when put down in text.
#109 - July 24, 2007, 11:15 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
And Neth,

First i want to apologize for my rather crude behavior, you already know it's simply a result of how long I've had my NE priest desperately and actively hoping for better changes to my race and class (lol not to mention crappy engineering profession).

But suggestions have been thrown up to make the dev's jobs easier and speed up the process. Heck, I'm sure you've read through my 24 page suggestion thread: http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=98663773&sid=1&pageNo=1

But please, just throw this on the table of the dev room and walk out:

I appreciate your post and would like to say that we always have quite a few things that we are contemplating on many fronts. I don't want to say if they come close to suggestions or not. That would be me going into a realm that I can't go into just yet. There are many times our own thoughts and ideas are nearly echoes of what the community in general feels and sometimes even if an idea sounds great when typed up, there may be reasons for not being able to implement.

Please keep in mind, I'm trying to steer clear of giving specific time-lines or ideas to anyone because many things are under constant discussion and development that just aren't ready to be put out into the public yet. Some ideas will never see the light of day. When they are ready, we'll be doing a lot more talking about it.