Flying mounts and Azeroth

#0 - Jan. 24, 2007, 2:07 a.m.
Blizzard Post
I have a question for a Blue. Why is it that we have to spend 820g or 5200g on a mount that we can only use in Outland? I mean it’s like BUYING an Aq mount. I understand we will probably spend all our time in Outland at high levels. If there is some sort of technical limitation and we can't fly at least make it usable on the ground. Is it possible? I will more than likely just buy the cheap one and use it to get to the places you can only access by flying and that it. What justifies the cost for the fast one? Just faster? Sorry maybe I'm just practical. :(

*edited the title.
#25 - Jan. 26, 2007, 6:56 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
I have a question for a Blue. Why is it that we have to spend 820g or 5200g on a mount that we can only use in Outland? I mean it’s like BUYING an Aq mount. I understand we will probably spend all our time in Outland at high levels. If there is some sort of technical limitation and we can't fly at least make it usable on the ground. Is it possible? I will more than likely just buy the cheap one and use it to get to the places you can only access by flying and that it. What justifies the cost for the fast one? Just faster? Sorry maybe I'm just practical. :(

*edited the title.

Azeroth wasn't designed to support flying mounts. Outland is. Also, it loses its unique value as being something found in Outland if it's made to work in Azeroth as well.

Flying mounts in Outland have their value. If you want to reach certain areas, you will need one. If you don't feel you need the faster mount, then don't buy it. We've tried to pace the game so that you acquire the cash you need for your flying mount by the time you reach 70.
#28 - Jan. 26, 2007, 7:01 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Neth any word on if they plan to let you use flying mounts as ground mounts in Azeroth..i still think that would be cool.

We don't plan on allowing them to be used on the ground in Azeroth at this time either. Sorry.