Draenei Shaman

#0 - Nov. 8, 2006, 5:05 p.m.
Blizzard Post
So it seems like the wolf is prominent symbol of the Horde. Do Draenei Shaman have the Ghost Wolf ability? If not, what type of animal is it?
#3 - Nov. 8, 2006, 5:08 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
So it seems like the wolf is prominent symbol of the Horde. Do Draenei Shaman have the Ghost Wolf ability? If not, what type of animal is it?

Yes, the Draenei Shaman have the same capability, and the animation and form are the same. I realize that there were requests to make it different than the Horde form but we've added the flavor change to the Totems in this case.
#46 - Nov. 8, 2006, 5:49 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

maybe not now, but..... in a later patch??

I can't say "yes" on this but perhaps later on if they feel it's a worthy cause and they have the time, it could be possible. There are just bigger fish to fry in this case right now.
#56 - Nov. 8, 2006, 6:04 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Apparently changing the totems for Draenei were one of those bigger fish.

Haha?

It's a more apparent and significant bit of flavor for the Draenei Shaman than the wolf form at this point in time, yes. :)
#58 - Nov. 8, 2006, 6:05 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
I think, since the Draeni are from another realm (outland right?), that their travel form shape should be an animal from that realm, and not a wolf.

You are forgetting that the Orc came from the same place the Draenei did and they even lived side by side.
#67 - Nov. 8, 2006, 6:36 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

But were the Draeni and the Orcs friendly with each other back then? If they were I can understand them having the wolf form... However, are there wolves in outland? Kind of hard to have a totemic form if youve never seen the animal youre basing your form off of.

Its like making a name up containing the letter L, and not having an L in your alphabet...

Yes, they were friendly back then. Things went a bit sour don't you think given the history we know now? ;)
#130 - Aug. 8, 2007, 10:21 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Thread Necromancy: Don't do it.