500 Guild Members "LIMIT"

#0 - Dec. 6, 2006, 8:21 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Good evening/morning/afternoon,

we all know ( or most anyway ) of the soft limit of 500 guild members in any particular guild, and the problems of not being able to see any member past the 500 one in the UI.

I know we've had many discussions here on these boards over the last couple of years and hopes were up that it will be fixed with the huge patch that 2.0.1 is. Alas no such thing. We've hit the limit of 500 yet again and running into problems. Now with expansion coming up even more people will be coming back etc. and it's a real and really big problem.

I have only one question which I hope a blue could possibly respond to:

Is this going to be fixed soon, or at least could you tell us if it's on the "short" TO DO list of the developers, or is it even something they consider for sometime in the far unknown future ?

It would be really great if we could get an update. Again this is quite a problem for some guilds, as I'm sure a lot of WoW players know.

Thank you!
#71 - Dec. 7, 2006, 11:47 p.m.
Blizzard Post
The maximum alloted size for many features of an online game are limited by storage and processing capacity. The same could be said for single player games as well as the client computer has to be able to store and run each piece of the game, but when that job is shifted on to a centralized storage unit for thousands of players some of the restrictions begin to tighten up.

We would certainly like to let out the reins on many in-game restrictions that are governed by storage and processing ability, but unfortunately there are limitations that the game must be designed within due to them being a factor.