BC Honor Rewards?

#0 - Nov. 1, 2006, 9:46 p.m.
Blizzard Post
So, in the new system, will I need to have attained GM/HW in order to buy the gear? Or will I only have to save up to purchase one of the upper end honor weapons?

---Slain
#6 - Nov. 1, 2006, 10:22 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
So, in the new system, will I need to have attained GM/HW in order to buy the gear?

Nope, because Battlegrounds will no longer have a ranking system as it does now. There won't be rank requirements for equipment from a Battlegrounds vendor. This is separate from the Arena ranking system, which may have requirements of rank in order to purchase or equip gear.

Q u o t e:
Or will I only have to save up to purchase one of the upper end honor weapons?

Exactly so. No rank requirement, no reputation requirement; simply accruing honor for purchases. And maybe some gold. ;)
#14 - Nov. 1, 2006, 10:30 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

So this also means no one will have a battle rank beside thier name?

I kinda liked having my rank there...

You will be able to select from a list of achieved ranks when we change systems. If you were High Warlord prior to the switch, you could choose any title from the old ranking system.

Also, if all Battlegrounds reputations are at exalted, this will also confer a toggle-able title, different from the rank titles.
#19 - Nov. 1, 2006, 10:38 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Will fighting in the current BGs get us any *new* rewards after the new honor system is introduced?

Battlegrounds rewards are having additional items up to level 70 implemented with the change-over, yes.
#20 - Nov. 1, 2006, 10:40 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
What about potions? Will anyone be able to buy those now, just using honor points?

Consumables and the like will have an honor point cost of 1and an attached gold cost.