Mage coefficient nerf

#0 - Aug. 22, 2007, 1:45 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Please explain why it is necessary to exist again?

EDIT: If they are gonna nerf the damage coefficient by 10%, then it should be stated in the tooltip since 10% is a large DPS loss.
#424 - Aug. 23, 2007, 4:31 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Please explain why it is necessary to exist again?

EDIT: If they are gonna nerf the damage coefficient by 10%, then it should be stated in the tooltip since 10% is a large DPS loss.

Mages were just doing too much damage and the ceiling was just too high. The change was intentional in order to keep damage consistent.

I'll send on feedback about how you feel that it should be noted in the tooltip, however.

Also, keep in mind that we are always keeping watch on how changes ultimately affect the classes. We feel that mages are doing the right amount of damage currently.
#457 - Aug. 23, 2007, 4:44 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Come ON Neth, I'm a warlock and I know that's not true -- Please fix mages, I'm sick of hearing them whine to me.

There are other things that I know are topics of concern for mages much like other classes have their own concerns. This in no way discounts those concerns. This is just simply the current reasoning for why it exists. When you say "fix" it's not very specific and I've seen the specific on the mage forums that are much more concise than that.

I understand your empathy. But, I don't want you to take what I posted as a "too bad so sad" statement. It's just an answer to a question. As we all have seen, things can and do change based on continued feedback and testing. I (nor other community team members) have no control over that beyond continuing to give feedback from the community.
#463 - Aug. 23, 2007, 4:47 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Please check with a dev and then get back to us to confirm this. Please show them Murphid's and Lhivera's math. I respect your authority and appreciate the response, but i know you're not the person who makes these decisions and i really do want the authoritative answer here. I'd love to hear how these numbers are justified given the lack of mobility, survivability, longevity, and general utility.

If this is true and there are no other buffs coming then you just made my decision to switch to a new character much easier. BTW - AOE is not a role unless the majority of encounters in the game require it, and since Warlocks do that better as well, it's a moot point.

I can forward it on to see if they agree or have different numbers. I can not guarantee that I can come back with numbers for you though to show hard 'proof' but can see if there is more that can be said.