Worst designed zones.

#0 - Aug. 24, 2007, 8:45 p.m.
Blizzard Post
What do you think is the worst designed zone in World of Warcraft and why?

I think Desolace is the worst zone myself. There is 1 graveyard, in the middle away from pretty much every decent quest. There are no decent quests anyway, the only reason to go there is to avoid dealing with the kids in STV.. The zone is very very dull beyond its obvious pointed out flaws.
#3 - Aug. 24, 2007, 9:05 a.m.
Blizzard Post
I kind of liked Desolace, but I think that the amazing mining opportunities there helped. I really actually mostly enjoy it for the theme, the texturing was done really well. It's like this iron enriched wasteland with deep iron rust colored pools, a kodo graveyard with bones all over, some crazy cults, a really engaging struggle between two centaur clans. Cool stuff. I think in general some of the 40 something zones really lack in a singular place with just a ton of quests, you're really almost forced to multi-zone quest. It's a good plan any way, it's always good to jump between zones, but I think it's a bit severe. That's something we recognize though, and Dustwallow Marsh is at the top of the list.
#9 - Aug. 24, 2007, 9:13 a.m.
Blizzard Post
I guess I might as well throw in my two cents. It's really hard to say "worst" because I truly find redeeming qualities in all of them, but I would say Shimmering Flats. I think the textures (while subtle) are done very well, and the race track is awesome, but all in all you grab all the quests, run around in a big circle, and you're done. Efficient, but flat.

No pun intended.
#11 - Aug. 24, 2007, 9:14 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Also add another Graveyard to Ungoro.

I thought we were...
#22 - Aug. 24, 2007, 9:21 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

By the way, what in heaven's name are you doing up this late? Isn't this Timbal's hunting time? All good trees need their sleep, but big signs that say "BLIZZARD" probably don't get too tired, as far as I would know.

I assume he's merely lurking in the thicket behind me, throwing knives and exhausting blow darts into the backs and throats of the trolls sneaking up on my encampment. A forum sentinel of sorts.

And the women and children sleep soundly as the thatch blows gently in the wind that always precedes the rain.
#24 - Aug. 24, 2007, 9:22 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
If you happen to die in the wrong place, it can take you up to an hour+ to retrieve your corpse.

I think you may be doing something wrong.