Any word on upgrading items from BGS?

#0 - Oct. 4, 2006, 5:48 a.m.
Blizzard Post
I was wondering if blizzard plans to include item upgrades once people reach level 70 to equipments already implemented into battlegrounds. For example, whenever you level up and you can buy a ring from a faction like say, Lorekeeper's ring from WSG at honered reputation, (The ring upgrades every 10 levels up to lvl 58) would that ring be upgradeable to a even better item at level 70? Just wondering, because if people can't upgrade these items passed level 60, what's the point in running AV, WSG, or AB once they reach level 70?
#4 - Oct. 4, 2006, 5:59 a.m.
Blizzard Post
We haven't announced any specific rewards that will be available as of yet, but there are new rewards being implemented that will be available up to level 70 in the new honor system. I'm guessing that probably answers your question just enough so that you still don't know, and are also now slightly annoyed.

And my job here is done. ;)
#10 - Oct. 4, 2006, 6:41 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

question oh wise dripping tree....

what about reputation related rewards? IF you decide to add additional lvl70 rewards...how do the people already exalted would obtain them? can they just walk up to the vvendor and buy them, same as they did the old loot? thanx

It's been stated previously in interviews with one of our lead designers, Tom Chilton, that reputation rewards will be rolled in to the new honor system. The reputations for the PvP factions were put in to allow you to work your way towards a goal as you played, but the new honor system itself is based around that type of progression and in a much more general and accessible way. There will still be a use for the various turn-in items, but the reputations themselves are effectively dissolving into the new honor system.