Flying MOunt speeds

#0 - March 22, 2007, 5:21 p.m.
Blizzard Post
The epic flying mount speed is great, but I think the normal flying mount speed should be at least that of the Epic land mounts. The speed gap just doesnt make sense. I would prefer to have payed 1500, or 2000g for a normal mount that has 125-150% faster speed. The 60% is just ....silly... What do you guys think ?
#3 - March 22, 2007, 5:26 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
The epic flying mount speed is great, but I think the normal flying mount speed should be at least that of the Epic land mounts. The speed gap just doesnt make sense. I would prefer to have payed 1500, or 2000g for a normal mount that has 125-150% faster speed. The 60% is just ....silly... What do you guys think ?

People have brought this up before, but remember, flying mounts can save you time by being able to skip things you'd have to maneuver through on your land mount. I've also found it useful for saving time by letting me fly to a spot closer to an objective for a quest. What it lacks in speed it makes up for in convenience.
#37 - March 22, 2007, 5:48 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

The fact that people have brought it up, and keep bringing it up...well, maybe that should tell the developers something, hmm? ;)

Except as someone in this very thread said, it isn't meant to completely replace your ground mount either. If you feel your epic ground mount is faster, then it's probably the mount you want to use to get where you are going. If you need to get somewhere the ground mount can't take you, then hop on your flying mount and go.

I'm not saying that people's feeling that the mount is a tad bit slow is wrong or something that hasn't been passed along to the rest of the Development Team. We're aware of people's feelings on this. We just want to make sure it's understood that flying mounts afford other things outside of speed such as convenience and accessibility to new areas.