Ninja inviting. Rude or not?

#0 - Sept. 5, 2007, 9:12 p.m.
Blizzard Post
After receiving an invite to a guild on an alt without getting a whisper about it first, I proceeded to talk to the person and ask them not to do it again because I have found that sort of thing is rude. He then told me I am just in a handful of people that think it is rude to invite to a group or guild without a whisper, and that most people think it is ok. He also had to tell me how many 70s he had to make sure I knew he was right.

So I decided to come here and ask the opinion of masses to solve this argument... is it rude to invite without a whisper first, or not?
#53 - Sept. 5, 2007, 10:11 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
After receiving an invite to a guild on an alt without getting a whisper about it first, I proceeded to talk to the person and ask them not to do it again because I have found that sort of thing is rude. He then told me I am just in a handful of people that think it is rude to invite to a group or guild without a whisper, and that most people think it is ok. He also had to tell me how many 70s he had to make sure I knew he was right.

So I decided to come here and ask the opinion of masses to solve this argument... is it rude to invite without a whisper first, or not?

It's generally seen as more polite to at least message someone first before inviting them to guilds or groups. I tend to prefer to know what I'm being invited for myself. ;) What can I say? I'm just not all that big on surprises.