A realization.

#0 - Sept. 7, 2007, 9:01 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I wonder what a person from 10 years ago would have thought if they read a written account of WoW gaming. Here's a sample from another thread.

"I was farming runecloth in fel woods for my priest alt so I can level up tailoring. I was aoe griding in my semi tank gear when this tauren druid decides to gank me. So here I am, in semi tank gear with ret spec half health about 1/3 mana and 4 fulbolgs. "

A decade ago, the above would have been nonsense to the average gamer and complete gibberish to the non-gamer. Spot all of the gaming words if you can.

Amazing all of the new terms and gamespeak that has been invented over these past few years. Or at least acknowledged on a wider scale.

World of Wordcraft, anyone?
#3 - Sept. 7, 2007, 9:19 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Language is a fascinating creature. The English language in particular is very flexible about allowing new terms to come into existence.

It's also amazing to think of all the things that you can learn from gaming that can translate into real life and reinforce some old sayings we all know such as:

Patience can bear rewards
If at first you don't succeed, try try again
There is more than one way to skin a cat AKA, there are many ways to do things if you only think of it
Teamwork pays off

Problem solving and puzzles are also things you can learn from gaming. Many people also attest that their typing skills are much stronger than they ever normally would have been without the need to constantly type and communicate with others and much more.

Sure we could talk about the negative things that have come of it all, but there are many positive aspects that outweigh many of those.
#51 - Sept. 7, 2007, 10:11 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
do you ever stop and think before posting. the Op wasn't taking a negative stance to anything, just stating fact and observations.

Pause for a moment and reread what I said. It wasn't an implication that the poster was taking a negative stance. It was a preemptive strike against negative comments that so often follow the positive. I stop to think before posting all the time. It's a part of the job. I also tend to plan ahead much like playing chess. ;)

Q u o t e:
(BTW isn't it amazing how a completely meaningless post gets a Blue response in less then 10 mins, but multiple posts on server issues never get even touched....or disappear completely..)

This comes up often enough that you should know the answer to it by now. It takes moments to answer these posts vs. needing to do research or wait on the "ok" to post about something that may be still in development. If you notice the Warcraft Weekly, it's been updated as well. It takes a bit of time to do that among many other jobs we have. In the future, feedback on CM performance should go to wowcmfeedback@blizzard.com .
#60 - Sept. 7, 2007, 10:28 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Translation: Time Spent > Skill

Translation: Keep running the same raid until your MT gets those pants he needs.

Translation: Raid, mote farm, or lose 10 arena games a week.

Translation: You must have 24 other people with you in order to gain any kind of reward.

You're one of those "glass half-empty" sorts.