The game has been out for two years now...

#0 - Jan. 5, 2007, 4:31 p.m.
Blizzard Post
...and Blizzard is still trying to figure things out with classes, Nerf this, Respec that, etc.

Are we still in beta?
#18 - Jan. 5, 2007, 4:45 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
...and Blizzard is still trying to figure things out with classes, Nerf this, Respec that, etc.

Are we still in beta?

Welcome to MMOs. With new content usually comes adjustment as well. One of the most valuable assets of an MMO is that it can be changed and adjusted to the benefit of the overall gameplay as things go along. vs remaining stagnant and stale.
#46 - Jan. 5, 2007, 5:07 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

I agree, but Warriors are terrible now.

I've seen this sentiment stated more than once and have read the concerns people have. I think as much as you may not like to hear this, that it's important that not only does the Warrior community (and every other class) continue to provide well constructed feedback but also to continue to do so based on their experiences once the Burning Crusade releases. I only say this because it will be important to see how the larger portion of the community along with our own testing, sees things with everything that is planned in place.

We will continue to read what you all have to say and take into consideration those things. The caveat is that we may not always agree with what you are saying, but we are in fact listening and watching.

I know that's not a quick fix answer like you are looking for but it's the best advice I can give at this point in time in helping the community to stay focused on providing the feedback that is the most beneficial to us.

I hope it helps just a little for you.
#93 - Jan. 5, 2007, 5:44 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

So you ruined the core game itself for two months - destroyed raiding guilds and tanked the economy so you could force people to buy an expansion that isn't even out yet?

I hate to say this to you, but this is a perfect example of non-constructive feedback. This does absolutely nothing in helping give feedback to the rest of the team other than to say you're unhappy. Overstatements of absolute ruination mean nothing.

Everyone has different opinions about what changes have been good and what have not been. We also need to take into account that while many people post on these forums and share those opinions and thoughts, not everyone does. When I've been at some of the conventions, I've met people who did not read the forums here at all and told me what they were happy with and what they were not and believe it or not, they didn't always echo what was being said on the forums here. There are those that choose to be vocal here and those that choose not to say a word and we have to find ways to listen to them all even when there is nothing being said.

Also keep in mind that talents are available for everyone and that means balancing must take into account the core game and the expansion and any other expansion hereafter. That's a lot to keep in mind and still make as viable as possible. There will be items and equipment that even those without the expansion will be able to get their hands on provided someone brings it into Azeroth and sells it or trades it (class and level restrictions still apply).

That said though, we continue to watch, read, listen and take into account the feedback that people provide. We can't say "yes" to everything though and that's important for people to take into account and realize that we're not saying "no" just to hurt anyone or make them angry. There is a very big picture to take into account and we do our best to do exactly that.
#114 - Jan. 5, 2007, 6:03 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Troll all you want, you're on Blizzard's side.

We are all on the same side and that's the side of wanting a great game that everyone can play and enjoy. :) We just might not always agree on all of the details involved.
#184 - Jan. 5, 2007, 7:53 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

See, Neth so far is the most calm of the CM's. That will be until she's had a chance to break in and she'll start spewing all sorts of TS Elliot quotes at us! Clearly reading corrupts.

Who said I'm not already broken in? ;) Get used to it. This is me. I have my sharp edges but I'm careful about those.
#270 - Jan. 5, 2007, 8:54 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Keep the thread on topic or it will get shut down. Thanks.