Did heads role whats up BLIZ

#0 - Sept. 5, 2007, 9:12 p.m.
Blizzard Post
all the job postings whats up with that? Did the axe fall or did they jump ship
#4 - Sept. 5, 2007, 9:18 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
all the job postings whats up with that? Did the axe fall or did they jump ship

I haven't seen any heads rolling in the halls. Sometimes companies hire because they want to add on to certain departments and not just because they've just had a beheading or two.

We're looking for sharp, creative, capable, and talented people. If you fill the bill, I suggest applying. :)
#28 - Sept. 5, 2007, 9:33 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

You forgot experienced or id be flying to Cali for a new job. :D

I offer you a thought. How are you supposed to get experience when everyone is only looking for people with experience?

Answer: Make stuff up.

Well yes, experience helps. There are many ways to get experience depending on the area you want to get into. :)

As far as relocation issues go, it depends on the position and the person that is applying.

Lastly, we don't have an intern program set up just yet, but it was mentioned that one is in the works during the Careers in Gaming panel at BlizzCon.

If you can't be in Irvine, you'll notice some spots that are open in Austin, Texas as well.
#35 - Sept. 5, 2007, 9:49 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Do you really want the type of person who surfs forums all day working with you?

OK. Maybe "working with you" is a bad phrase to use there...

Why not? It wouldn't be the first time I've seen it happen and most likely won't be the last.
#52 - Sept. 5, 2007, 10:16 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
A question for Blue if they can :)

I already have a valid working visa currently and would like to apply . Would you guys be willing to accept the transfer ?

I can't answer that for you. It's up to what position it is for and more. You'd have to go through the process and talk to our HR department about it.

Also, all of our GMs work on site. We do not have people that work remotely. For those looking to break into the industry, it's often a first job. For many, it's a way to work at a company they love. Either way, it's pretty competitive in the industry for any position.