What addons do the CMs use?

#0 - Aug. 27, 2007, 4:59 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Feel free to move this to the UI & Macros forum, but I'd really like to see what the likes of Neth & Drysc use...

I would guess you guys use KTM or Omen when raiding, but do you have any pet favorites?
#1 - Aug. 27, 2007, 5:02 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Feel free to move this to the UI & Macros forum, but I'd really like to see what the likes of Neth & Drysc use...

I would guess you guys use KTM or Omen when raiding, but do you have any pet favorites?

Currently, I don't use any. I purposefully gave up mods awhile back so that I could better experience the limitations of the UI and give better input on things that might help improve the functionality. I also haven't found a need for them in a long while.

I know others do have their favorites though and am aware of some of the great additions that people make.
#33 - Aug. 27, 2007, 5:55 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Additional question about CM gameplay-

I would imagine you don't let your guildies know that you are in fact CM's that work for Blizzard. Have any funny stories about how someone may have treated you very different had they known? Ever been /gkicked for a silly/funny/ridiculous reason?

Edit:

One more question....how many of you are your guilds GM's?

I would never have time to be a GM. I've been an officer on more than one occasion and quite like not being in charge when I don't have to be.

I've never been gkicked for anything unless it was because I was on a new character and helped someone get a charter set up and then was gkicked after the creation of said guild. Though even then, I usually /gquit out.

Also, I both raid and PvP and even heal extremely well. While I'm sure it could be easier with some mods people have created, it certainly hasn't diminished my capability of being an effective and dependable member of a raid.
#54 - Aug. 27, 2007, 7:32 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Neth has admitted to having at least an Undead Priest. Not sure what alts she has beyond that :)

I'm not telling. ;p

It's like pretty much anything. When you get used to having something, and then you don't have it to use anymore, you adjust and adapt. I've always had an easy time at adjusting and adapting to games.

I'm by no means saying that people shouldn't use mods if they feel it helps them (providing those mods don't break any of the TOS), I just have found I don't need them to play. Whether you believe that or not is up to you. I'm not about to bring out people that know me and parade them in front of anyone to prove it. It would mean outing myself and outing them both.
#74 - Aug. 27, 2007, 8:33 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

I'm not one to bash CM's, but either you are a terrible player at 70 or you haven't gotten there yet.

You're not one to bash but you assume that I must either not be 70 or terrible at 70.

I could turn it around on you and say that you are a poor player if you need mods, but I don't believe that to be true. :) I believe that people should play within the style that fits them best. This is why there is a wide variety of mods available and why we support the mod community.

There are always things that could be made better and we'll continue to look into that as well as continue to work with the modding community.
#86 - Aug. 27, 2007, 9:16 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

I don't suppose you could ask one of the devs to change the not so informative "2m" and "59m" type buff timers displays to allow things like 1:39 (1m39s) and 113:35 (113m35s) etc.? That seems like a small deal, but for many people like me, it's kind of a pet peeve that there isn't any realtime counter option for our timers. BuffOptions had this, but the new buff timer function calls broke it and nobody picked up development. :(

I like the freedom of addons, and there are a few I use, mainly for tracking and inventory purposes (FreeBagSlots is a NICE one...), but virtually all of my addons aren't UI movement related (other than moving my quest timer, quest watch, durability and GM ticket frames). I miss the speeediness of loads when I first started WoW in beta and at launch since I didn't use addons back then (didn't know how or that many really existed worth a damn).

Blizzard is slowly improving their built in UI, probably based on the sheer number of people using the same types of addons (buff duration timers for instance, or the new chat UI functionality in the next patch). Being a clicker due to physical handicaps (GG deformed right arm), I have to use addons for gear switching (a MAJOR annoyance in the game thanks to poor degisn and itemization schemes), and addons enhance my ability to play on a slightly more level playing field with others, but I'd prefer as little as I can manage both for speed and stability, and built in UI improvements make that a reality (and also make it so I don't have to be beholden to iffy development continuation of addons due to author burnout thanks to the ever growing and agonizing taint restrictions).

:)

Tia, you may want to post that either in the suggestion forums or take it over to the UI/Macros forum to get feedback from others.
#94 - Aug. 27, 2007, 10:26 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Nethaera is not a priest.

I'm a rogue in a priests' body. It's true. People never believe me though when they look at the robes and big long stick. ;)
#97 - Aug. 27, 2007, 10:40 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
So Neth, if you're a rogue in a priests body, surely you support a nerf of karazhan library trash tahts immune to magic? Hmm?

GO GO DAGGER SKILL! MY MINDBLADE IS UBERPWNAGE

Daggers are fun. I just don't support 'nerfs' per se. Strategic changes, on occassion. ;)