@Blizz - Enh,Ret Changes & S3

#0 - Sept. 12, 2007, 6:51 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Will the Enh & Ret changes be implemented before/with/after Season3 is introduced?

Please say before/with, I've been waiting since before Arena Season 1 for changes to become what people would call "viable in pvp."

It is imperative that the "off-specs" for hybrids become viable in every sense of the word. A class is not hybrid if you have to change the playstyle entirely between pvp and pve. No one should accept the explanation that enh=pve ele=pvp and it is infuriating that this belief is all too common.

With the implementation of Season 3 and possibly some love for Hunters & Rogues, Ret and Enhance can't feel anything but 100% neglected. We've asked for reasonable changes to balance our specs for months on end and yet we're still in the exact same boat.

With the sheer amount of suggestions that come from the Shaman community on a daily basis, it's almost inexcusable that nothing has been done yet, and to not have the changes in place for the next "pvp season" is just ridiculous.
#11 - Sept. 12, 2007, 9:17 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Will the Enh & Ret changes be implemented before/with/after Season3 is introduced?

Please say before/with, I've been waiting since before Arena Season 1 for changes to become what people would call "viable in pvp."

It is imperative that the "off-specs" for hybrids become viable in every sense of the word. A class is not hybrid if you have to change the playstyle entirely between pvp and pve. No one should accept the explanation that enh=pve ele=pvp and it is infuriating that this belief is all too common.

With the implementation of Season 3 and possibly some love for Hunters & Rogues, Ret and Enhance can't feel anything but 100% neglected. We've asked for reasonable changes to balance our specs for months on end and yet we're still in the exact same boat.

With the sheer amount of suggestions that come from the Shaman community on a daily basis, it's almost inexcusable that nothing has been done yet, and to not have the changes in place for the next "pvp season" is just ridiculous.

We can't answer this as of yet. Ret and Enhance changes are coming as you stated, but we can't say if it's coming at the same time as S3 yet or not. First we need to get patch 2.2.0 into live and then we need to get the next patch onto the test realms. We do plan to give people notice ahead of time on when we hope to initiate Season 3, however. We don't plan to give any advance previews of things either, but everyone will be able to check things out on the test realm when it all hits.
#22 - Sept. 12, 2007, 9:29 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

I wish you guys would say something other than "They're coming."
In case you hadn't heard, we're pretty sure about that.

We have to wait the same as you do. When the time is right, you'll be able to see it rather than just hear about it.
#49 - Sept. 12, 2007, 10:41 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
http://www.failsafedesign.com/maintankadin/viewtopic.php?p=25281

I don't care for rumors and since this thread has gone down that path despite what I've said at this point, I'm going to close it.

If it didn't come from us, it's not official.