Priest Issues - 9 months later...

#0 - Sept. 13, 2007, 3:55 a.m.
Blizzard Post

http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread.html?topicId=108440976&postId=1083212130&sid=1#0

....nine months since circle of healing was to be "looked into"....

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=79201737&sid=1&pageNo=1

...7 months after posting that priest concerns regarding survivability....

http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread.html?topicId=305681843&postId=3055449213&sid=1#3

...6 months after the serious, ongoing and patently obvious concerns with all three specs of our class are being looked into.....

...orc shoulders are getting fixed.

#76 - Sept. 13, 2007, 4:30 p.m.
Blizzard Post
There's not a lot more that can be said at this point aside from what was said at BlizzCon and in previous dialogs.

First to make things very clear, we are looking at more than one class at current and have plans for them. Many of you have already heard that we are looking into things like Ret Paladin improvements and Enhance Shaman improvements as well (among other things). That still holds true.

We have also said on the side of Priests that we have plans for improvements in the works on some other things on the Holy end as well as have plans to take a close look at defining the Discipline tree a bit more to be more viable as a tree that people would want to utilize more.

I can ask you for patience and many will respond that you are out of patience, but that is the best course of action right now is to please be patient. There will no doubt be some disappointment when people don't get everything they ever dreamed of for their changes. There will also be some happy results that will come with it as well. Unfortunately, we aren't giving out any information or previews on what we have planned as of yet and are asking people to please wait for it to make it on to the Test Realms and in those notes.

We are listening and weighing what the community is saying against what we have in mind for the future and making adjustments and changes based on those things. I know many people get tired of us saying this, but please wait for it and please make sure you get in to the test realms and test so that we can get accurate feedback on what is and isn't working so we can continue to make improvements.

You also all know that we normally don't give out specific patch numbers just in case features or fixes get bumped up or back. Sometimes an issue is more complex and requires more time and sometimes it is much simpler and can be moved up into a closer patch. That said, many of you also have heard mention of patch 2.3 and what will be in it from various sources (some of which are Blizzard employees.) I'd like to advise you that at this point in time, we can't confirm more than what has been said and anything else to the contrary is merely rumor and conjecture. We still have patch 2.2.0 to make live and then after that we will be moving on. That will be sooner than later at this point in time providing all continues to go well. However, we still can't give you a specific date.

Concerns do not fall on deaf ears but sometimes we may have a difference of opinion. We'll do our best to get you solid information as we are able to do so.
#85 - Sept. 13, 2007, 4:38 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Fixed for the impatient ones.

I'm not fond of people attempting to twist things into something that I didn't say. Please remember that for future "fixes" you try to perpetrate on my posts. ;)
#96 - Sept. 13, 2007, 4:47 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Let's please leave real world issues out of this thread or else I will have to do some pruning. :(

And yes, the short version was a twisting of what I said and was not representative.
#113 - Sept. 13, 2007, 5:07 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Nothing was said here that you didn't say nine months ago.
Nothing was said here that couldn't be said regarding any other issue in any other thread.

I used to work reception at a company that had no customer service department, and when anyone called in with a question or a complaint, my job was to forward them to the voice mail box of a woman named "Samantha". I was to tell the called that "Samantha" was our customer care manager, and that the best way to get in contact with her was to leave their question or comment in her voice mail, or her email inbox. Thing is, "Samantha" never existed. I was made to lie to the consumer if they dug any deeper. If "Samantha" did not get to their question, i would tell them that "Samantha is unfortunately very busy answering many questions, and maybe she just didn't get to yours, so the best thing to do is be patient." The smarter ones would catch on and ask me if Samantha was really a real person, and I was to respond that I did not have the authority to disclose such information. All the lying and the BS-ing was taking a toll on my emotional well being, so I got out of there as fast as I could.

I feel sorry for you, Neth, and you have my sympathies. I know what it's like to have to make the impossible happen; to be ordered to satisfy customers with promises fully knowing that the workers who are supposed to deliver the goods have absolutely nothing to show for it. I felt terrible telling people to wait for things that weren't going to happen, and for being forced to spout euphemisms and carefully worded half-truths to keep an angry consumer base satiated. And I know that what I experienced is only a fraction of the damage control that you have to do. If you're able to sleep at night after doing that to 9 million people at a time, you must be a very strong person.

Get well soon, Neth.

Your sympathies are misplaced in this regard and rather backhanded. There is no voicemail box that things are getting shuttled to. I've never been one to lie nor does Blizzard feel it necessary to lie. Unfortunately though, people have a different time table than we do and different ideas of what they want to see happen that we can't possible meet all of. It's an impossibility. So what we must do is focus on what is possible with every step we take and do our best to take those steps.

I sleep fine at night and am not ill, but thank you for the concern.