Rays Ignoring LOS Mechanics A-OK!

#0 - Sept. 11, 2007, 4:48 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Nevermind they're the only channeled spells in the game that ignore range and los, they're warlock spells! God forbid blizzard balance warlock spells, especially drain life and drain mana!

Seriously, enough is enough. I don't care about you stupid warlocks that will inevitably come telling me to QQ without substantiation and rational arguments, you're neither welcome nor wanted. Any spell ignoring mechanics set up by Blizzard to balance them is bull#@#%, and if you don't think so, you're obviously biased.

Arcane Missles, Starshards, and all castable spells will cancel if the target leaves line of sight and/or range. Strangely, once the ray type channeled spells are casted, they are nearly impossible to interrupt without a pummel like ability which ZOMG many classes do not have, and if they do, it's on a long timer.

Blizzard, how can you possibly justify a class transcending your own damn rules? Have you lost your minds, or are you trying to spite the players who actually see a problem with warlocks dominating all 1v1 situations and 2v2/3v3 arenas?

Flame away, I know you mindless warlock lobbyists will do so quickly.

Source: http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread.html?topicId=771507524&pageNo=2&sid=1#24

Edit: Drysc, can you please ask the devs if they even play the same game as us? Thanks.
#53 - Sept. 12, 2007, 2:07 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Yes, that's how they're supposed to work.

Generally when attacking you want to be at maximum range, that allows plenty of time between you and the target to get out as many casts as possible. Now for a straight up cast and fly spell, it's cast, it's on it's way, and that's it, it's going to hit. For the channeled spells (I had actually never heard them called "rays" before today, we call the effect a "beam" usually) you cast, and you hold, and that damage can be interrupted or broken. To allow some sort of leeway, some give so that at max range it isn't just instantly wasted all of the time (which would happen, a lot, especially in PvE) it's given a little extra room to grow and follow.