So You Won't Respond to Mage Issues...

#0 - Sept. 19, 2007, 1:57 a.m.
Blizzard Post
But you'll lock mage-issue oriented threads?

I had a thread sequence documenting how mediocre mage damage is, and it lasted for about a month with a combined over 60,000 views and 3,000 responses, yet no blue ever recognized the thread or responded to the data that showed the sad state mages were in.

However Ryonn makes this thread:

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=1602655839&sid=1

... and it's locked 24 hours after it's created because you disliked the thread consistently being on the front page?

The issue of mages isn't even the heart of the issue anymore. The heart of it is that we can statistically PROVE that the various mage-related statements made by devs in the last few months have all been complete, unadulterated BS, and yet you guys seem to be happy with the "LA LA LA I CAN'T HEAR YOU" approach.

So blizzard... seriously, what the hell?
#53 - Sept. 19, 2007, 6:10 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
But you'll lock mage-issue oriented threads?

No, I'm entirely indiscriminate when it comes to locking threads when they're repeatedly bumped by the original poster. The contents of the thread are of no matter in such cases (provided the topic at-hand falls within the acceptable posting guidelines). If it's bumped simply to garner attention because the discussion is not naturally remaining active, then the thread itself will not be left active. This is iterated in the first sticky on this forum:

Q u o t e:
Do not bump posts. The act of bumping ones post is considered spamming and contributes nothing constructive to the discussion. Your thread will be seen; there is no need to continually bump it to the top of the list.

In the same sticky thread, the following is also noted:

Q u o t e:
Do not post about locked or deleted threads. Posts that are moderated have a reason behind the moderation. We lock before we post on a locked thread to stop the violation in question as soon as possible, so if you have yet to see a comment by a member of the community team on a locked thread, please wait for it and do not post on the subject. If you do have questions regarding forum moderation, please use the contact list below.

I feel I made the reasons for locking the thread to which you're referring quite clear in my response to that thread; yet you felt the need to misconstrue the reason the original thread was locked in an attempt to spin this into a larger issue about the Mage class. I can't stop you from believing such things, but you run the risk of having your posting privileges removed for disregarding our posting guidelines and Code of Conduct, all of which can be found here:

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=82238231&sid=1

I am here to ensure those guidelines are upheld. With that said, I do apologize if my methods came across as uncouth to those who were emotionally invested in the topic of the original locked thread.