Mage 10% Dmg tax to be removed?

#0 - Sept. 19, 2007, 10:40 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Any word?
All classes are scaling fine except for mages, Everyone is equiv in gear, And the 10% coeff nerf is no longer needed.

So...
Why has this not been addressed?

#359 - Sept. 20, 2007, 4:22 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Any word?
All classes are scaling fine except for mages, Everyone is equiv in gear, And the 10% coeff nerf is no longer needed.

So...
Why has this not been addressed?

I know this topic is important to many people and keeps coming up. While we have many changes coming up for the various classes in an upcoming patch, we don't have specifics to share as of yet, nor do we have anything further to add to the mage tax concerns right now.

The concerns are known by the development team, however, and should there come a point where we have further information from them on this, we'll definitely share it with you.
#375 - Sept. 20, 2007, 4:35 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Thank you for your reply. I, for one, recognize that the dev team likes to play its cards very close to the chest, and that there is nothing you, as a CM, can do about that. You will, I hope, forgive us if we continue our efforts to keep the issue(s) forefront in people's minds.

I don't think any of us have a problem with people voicing concerns provided they do so in a constructive manner. It's when the finger pointing, accusations, and general nastiness starts up that we start to crack down on. We also prefer if people try to keep their concerns confined to just a couple of threads as well so that other people don't have their own concerns/topics bumped down to page three in .3338 seconds. :)
#378 - Sept. 20, 2007, 4:36 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
i thought the patch was coming out soon.....now i hear that there are many character changes coming up in the upcoming patch and they have no specifics yet?? wtf?

Patch 2.2.0 is coming soon. After that, will be more patches. :) One of which we've mentioned has some class changes.
#403 - Sept. 20, 2007, 5:02 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Translation:

Im not telling you anything.

You forgot-

/sticks out her tongue

For maximum effect on that. :) I mean, we might as well go all the way with it. Right?

*I also used the word "tax" since that's what the community refers to it as. It just seems easier to stick to the same terminology.
#427 - Sept. 20, 2007, 5:38 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Aww come on Neth, let us read things you didnt say into your response. We're forum-goers, we live for that!

Sorry. :(
#437 - Sept. 20, 2007, 6:08 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

In other words, the Demon Hunter hero class will be in WotLK they just haven't announced it yet.

Am I doing it right, Neth?

*sings* Lookit all of these rumors... surrounding me everyday... just need some time.. some time to get away from...

;)
#442 - Sept. 20, 2007, 6:25 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Ok Neth since I normally just stick to mage forums, and don't see blue posts often, could I possibly get a different answer out of you?

Regarding the shutdown of voice on ptr for a couple days while hardware is updated... I assume this means that the 2.2 patch is still some time (more then 1 week) away?

Also, thank you for responding with something other than the last blue post in mage forums which read
'Do more mages feel this way?' afterwhich the thread proceeded to become locked at 25 pages without a so much as a 'thanks for the input, I will talk to the devs about your concerns.'

Actually, I did thank people for their input somewhere in there. (At least I thought I did.) I also had extended a couple too.

Patch will be "soon" and probably sooner than most soons you've known. :)
#463 - Sept. 20, 2007, 7:32 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
MVP what's his name in the EU forums already announced forefront class changes that will be released in patches after 2.2.

Basically hunters, tanks, rogues, priests, and especially shaman and pallies get lots of changes. Mages get one, and that one is a conjured form of soulwell for our food and water.

Locks had no annoucned chnages.

Btw - 10% tax is not the issue in end-game as most end-game mages are arcane. You want balance across dps classes? Have molten armor be on par with a locks fel armor (if you dont wanna give it dmg then give it 5-6% crit instead of 3%) and buff mana gems. That is all. Then again, blizz can buff all magic schools by 10% and that would get the job done as well.

Please keep in mind that MVPs are not employees of Blizzard so the information they share is often based on a collection of information from Blizzard employees or are educated guesses based on their own experiences. This doesn't negate their value to us in any way. We have them around because we like what they bring to the forums for us. :)