Why allow Blizzard to insult us?

#0 - Sept. 20, 2007, 4:54 p.m.
Blizzard Post
With all due respect to everyone in this point,

please try to understand me when i write this.

Forever Ive been an advocate against AFKing in AV. I like to win, I like to be number one in DPS, and I like to moonkin tank (An let's face it, AV is the best place for it)

I also would have been exalted many times over from all the time ive spent there.

I have spoken out in various outlets, and it hasn't done any good.

The upcoming patch will now apply a debuff to any player who has been reported by X ammount of other people. This assumes x number of players actually stop..and report each cave defender. This debuff will cause that player to receive no honor until they engage in combat, at which time the debuff is instantyly removed, and they can resume AFKing until reported again. The AFKers solution is simply, que..then run and hid somewhere where they will not be found and therefore not report to the point of debuff. The AFK problem is not fixed.

In the following patch, you will be able to spend honor points to buy s1 arena gear. This encourages more players into battlegrounds to hide-and-go-afk. the problem isnt fixed, its now encouraged.

Complaining hasnt worked.
Yelling at other players has not worked.
The only way we can voice our opinions and make a stand is if we band together in all AFK AV.. thereby breaking the game. If we all make a stand and AFK, then enough voice will be heard for blizz to know that this new patch is embarrassing failure on their part.

Until they fix it.. I'll probably be AFKing.. it makes me sick to work for someone else's honor, unless Im having fun. I work my butt off for 10-15 games, then when i go to bed to i que, enter, and let it time out with me actually AFK. Am i wrong to do it? maybe. But I want it fixed, and if it takes me contributing to the problem to fix it.. then color me AFK.

Blizaard fix the system.
Your fix is stupid.
This "fix" is an insult.

My suggestion wont help AFKing, but will increase my enjoyment of the game.
Please remove the guards in both caves so i can HK farm them.
Please remove the ability to gain honor while dead after being dead for 2 minutes.
Please lower the costs and manpower required to summon our field of strife champions.
Pleaser lower the costs and manpower required to summon the frostwolf riders and ram riders.

These part of AV have gone the way of the dinosaur. I havent seen Ivus since PreBC but twice.

We are AFKing in AV partially because we have done AV a billion times, and its boring, but still the best way to get honor.

Make it fun again?

Bring back the REAL AV

and not some insulting debuff fix.
#9 - Sept. 20, 2007, 5:06 p.m.
Blizzard Post
This is not about insulting the community. This is but one step toward making AV a better experience.

Please note that while AFK reporting is going in, it can apply to any Battleground and additionally, we've already mentioned that there are more changes slated for Alterac Valley that should improve things and hopefully get more people back in action versus hiding out AFK.

The concerns have already been heard, however, people will need to be patient for a bit longer until we can get those changes into a patch onto the test realm and then put onto live realms.
#26 - Sept. 20, 2007, 5:16 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

My question is why do you allow this to go on for over 9 months without a fix?

Basically my view of your company is "We could care less if things are broken..we'll get to them when we get to them"

Any responsible game company would fix a glaring issue of AFK'ing as a priority bug fix and figure out a solution. Just like arena farming.

But I know Blizzards view on stuff. "We don't care"

This isn't about not caring. It's about finding the best possible solution for the situation. Sometimes we wait to see if things will resolve themselves with other changes that are implemented. Sometimes it's a matter of just deciding what idea is going to be the most beneficial with the least amount of negative impact and the best possible time to make those changes.

Taking time to make significant game changes is not evidence of a lack of caring.
#36 - Sept. 20, 2007, 5:22 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Please tell me these other changes involve putting things back in AV and not continuing to remove anything remotely promoting fun (which is what has caused the afk situation in the first place).

When we can share more of the upcoming changes with everyone we will. Hopefully in a bit more detail, but no promises right now.
#77 - Sept. 20, 2007, 5:47 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Thanks for the clarification. That's what I get for trusting 3rd party information on how the system works. :)

There were some minor changes recently to the functionality on the Test realm. The countdown is now listed as 60 seconds until the debuff and players need to get into PvP combat not just combat. :)
#114 - Sept. 20, 2007, 6:35 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

There was a lot mentioned at Blizzcon. All those things still in works?

i.e. 1st segment of the PvP Panel at Blizzcon on you tube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azbolVrSOO0

About the 5 min mark they talk about AV, history, issues and changes.

In section 3 they talk more about the changes to AV at the beginning:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=McWg54PIsE8

From what I'm aware, the things mentioned at BlizzCon are still in the works.