Patch Notes Wrong? Daze Nerf

#0 - Sept. 25, 2007, 7:35 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Haven't had a chance to test the patch out myself, so thought I'd ask here.

Patch Notes: "Daze: Defense skill will no longer reduce the chance players have to receive the Daze effect when attacked from behind by enemies."

However Drysic posted:

" A change to the “Daze” mechanic was originally planned for introduction in patch 2.2. This change would have removed additional defense rating as a factor in reducing the chance of being dazed, equalizing the chance for heavy armor wearers to become dazed as compared to light armor wearers. With further testing and discussion it was decided that players would be too negatively affected in their ability to tank and reposition their targets, and this change will no longer be included with 2.2. We currently have no plans to reintroduce this change at a later time."
http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=1602585932&sid=1

Which one is it?
#1 - Sept. 25, 2007, 7:36 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Haven't had a chance to test the patch out myself, so thought I'd ask here.

Patch Notes: "Daze: Defense skill will no longer reduce the chance players have to receive the Daze effect when attacked from behind by enemies."

However Drysic posted:

" A change to the “Daze” mechanic was originally planned for introduction in patch 2.2. This change would have removed additional defense rating as a factor in reducing the chance of being dazed, equalizing the chance for heavy armor wearers to become dazed as compared to light armor wearers. With further testing and discussion it was decided that players would be too negatively affected in their ability to tank and reposition their targets, and this change will no longer be included with 2.2. We currently have no plans to reintroduce this change at a later time."
http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=1602585932&sid=1

Which one is it?

The notes on the website and the forums are the most current. The Daze change was pulled from the patch fairly recently so the note stayed in the build notes and were not removed in time.
#5 - Sept. 25, 2007, 7:55 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Seems like it happens at least once a patch :(

There is always room for notes to be missing from the build patch notes due to the fact that they are added into the actual patch build relatively early. This is why we also have a link to the web notes which are more easily and readily updated as needed.