Petition - Do away with rating req. for S3

#0 - Sept. 27, 2007, 10:16 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Title says it all. If you think they shouldn't let this go live post here.

A simple /signed will do, or you can also give your reason(s) why you think this is a bad idea. No flames or unconstructive stuff please, hopefully if enough people post we can convince blizzard this is not the right thing to do.

Thanks to everyone who posts.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This will be a horrible change, it is a lot like the old honor system in that only a small percentage of people will ever have an opportunity to get these items. The fact that a 2,000 rated team will get items about 3x faster than a 1,500 rated team should be enough of a reward. A lot of people can only play a limited amount of time and spending a ton of time PvP'ing and creating a well-geared/skilled group that can all play at the same time isn't always easy. This change would also effect the people that like to arena with their friends. I wouldnt want to have to reset my personal rating by switching teams all the time, because then I might not have a high enough rating to buy my weapon or shoulders when I get the points.

What it comes down to is that letting the entire player base have a shot at these two item catagories isn't going to destory arena, but it will make a lot of casual players happier.

/signed

EDIT: Typos
#72 - Sept. 27, 2007, 11:32 p.m.
Blizzard Post
We're not too hot on petitions usually, but there does seem to be some worthwhile conversation going here instead of the usual /signed.

Q u o t e:
This will be a horrible change, it is a lot like the old honor system in that only a small percentage of people will ever have an opportunity to get these items.

It's almost nothing like the old honor system, but if your only point is that it will reduce the access to specific items, then yes that's the full intent. There's also a smaller percentage of people that have access to high-end PvE items, and lamborghinis.

Q u o t e:
The fact that a 2,000 rated team will get items about 3x faster than a 1,500 rated team should be enough of a reward.

It definitely is, until a few months in when everyone has the items and there is no way to distinguish players without actually looking at their ratings.

Q u o t e:
A lot of people can only play a limited amount of time and spending a ton of time PvP'ing and creating a well-geared/skilled group that can all play at the same time isn't always easy.

You're right, it isn't easy, and shouldn't it be rewarded for those that are able to achieve it?

Q u o t e:
This change would also effect the people that like to arena with their friends. I wouldnt want to have to reset my personal rating by switching teams all the time, because then I might not have a high enough rating to buy my weapon or shoulders when I get the points.

I'm sure at least one of your teams can be retained as your "serious" bracket.

On a separate note, and related to other replies I've seen, from season to season the item upgrades just aren't so monumental that a weapon and shoulder slot item will keep you from competing properly, or passing the "barrier" of the 1850 rating. Members (melee classes) of some of the top PvP teams in the world kept their season 1 weapons for months in to season 2, and these were players on the toughest battlegroups, still sitting at the top of the ladder.

I get that there's a lot of reaching for reasons why it's a bad idea, something is being restricted that has been available before, I get it. The fact remains that we want these items reserved for those few that are achieving something, as a way for them to display that to everyone else playing.
#103 - Sept. 27, 2007, 11:53 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Drysc it is my understanding that the rating requirement is only for the current seasons gear? So once season 4 gear rolled around the requirement is dropped off season 3? Is this correct?

Correct.
#122 - Sept. 27, 2007, 11:59 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Drysc alluded to this also, I miss typed when I said "old honor system", What I meant was the HWL/GM system. It is very much like this one, and was changed for a reason, a reason that a large number of people have been bringing up ever since you announced this change.

No, it's not.

You really can't compare the time investment of the old honor system to the arena, at all, unless you never experienced it. There's no parallel, it's completely invalid.
#131 - Sept. 28, 2007, 12:01 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Well lookie there 1 of 2 questions answered...werd!

Now then Drysc, could you please just confirm that S2 will not require a rating.

Based on this response, i'm "assuming" the answer is no...but you guys have been kooky before.

Will S2 shoulders require a rating (we believe this to be a no, just want a confirmation).

No rating except on the "current" season.

This is the current plan for cycling the gear sets.

Season 3 starts and season 3 gear has rating requirements. Season 2 drops down, no rating requirement. Season 1 goes to honor system.

Season 4 starts and season 4 gear has rating requirements. Season 3 drops down, no rating requirement. Season 2 goes to honor system, season 1 is lost to the ages.

etc. etc.