Your opinion on how long 2.3 will take

#0 - Sept. 28, 2007, 4:04 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I am asking for your OPINION on how long 2.3 will take to go live.

I am not asking for a confirmation or input from blue because I know their answer is "soon".

I know everyone has an opinion, so I want to hear yours. No one is "right", so don't argue. Just state your thoughts and reasoning if you'd like.

What do you think?
#7 - Sept. 28, 2007, 4:23 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
I am asking for your OPINION on how long 2.3 will take to go live.

I am not asking for a confirmation or input from blue because I know their answer is "soon".

I know everyone has an opinion, so I want to hear yours. No one is "right", so don't argue. Just state your thoughts and reasoning if you'd like.

What do you think?

Bigger than a bread box. Smaller than a large house. Wait... is that the answer?
#13 - Sept. 28, 2007, 4:27 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

*turns to the judges*

Oh I'm sorry Neth, we were looking for Wider than a pinhead, thinner than a city block

Dangit. I was so hoping to win the million dollars. I guess I'll be OK with the 52" flat screen HDTV instead. I'll message you on where to send it. ;) It's football season you know and it will come in handy.
#29 - Sept. 28, 2007, 4:35 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
How is Pratchett as an author Neth? I've only read Good Omens, but that was co-written...

He's fantastic in that, potato chip/mind-candy sort of way. Try him out. I'd suggest perhaps Guards! Guards! to start off.

On a more serious note-

Yes, we still have to get patch 2.2.2 live. As many have heard, we have been working very hard on 2.3 this whole while (among other things) while working on 2.2 and waiting for it to go live. As you've seen, we've been releasing a lot of information on what is going into 2.3. It's pretty solid information though testing can change things still.

Like any patch, we'd love to get it on the PTR, get it tested, have a love fest over how great it is, and then get it on Live so that everyone can experience the Ode to Joy that will come with it. But things happen. We can't give you a time frame, but we would really like to get it done and out as soon as possible so we can move on toward getting the Sunwell Plateau out among other things. :)
#39 - Sept. 28, 2007, 4:42 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

I haven't heard of any such thing

Now you have!

Yes, there is a 5 person dungeon that will be there as well.

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/underdev/

We'll be giving more information on it a bit later though there has been small bits here and there on it already.