If Horde winning every BG is acceptable

#0 - Oct. 1, 2007, 9:23 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Then change the token system. Make losses give 3 and wins 5, or losses give 2 and wins 3.

My eyes are bleeding trying to get PvP gear one token at a time. A single game can be anywhere from 10 (rare, pure steamrolls) to 30 or more minutes. One token for that amount of time when it costs 30, 40 or more tokens for a single PvP item is making the system, for Alliance, as much of an unenjoyable timesink as the previous honor system.

Honestly, at this rate, a lot of Alliance are sorely tempted to just start mass surrendering in BG's, or AFK'ing. I have seriously heard players discussing this, even in the middle of a BG. That is distressing and for all the verbal abuse Horde will undoubtedly heap down on Alliance for "suck it up, L2P, u suck" etc., it does not help the overall game for Horde AV AFK'ing to simply be replaced by Alliance AFK'ing in ALL BATTLEGROUNDS.

Fix the system. Failing that, on the off chance that Horde is right and Alliance simply sucks, then fix the reward system to make it worth our time. Or you're going to be seeing a lot of AFK'ing.
#380 - Oct. 1, 2007, 11:19 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

I don't care about AV. AV is a cluster**** and I never enjoyed it even on my high level characters. And cheap wins don't appeal to me like they do to players like yourself who have no shame about twinking it up and then coming on the forums to brag about how your faction is more skilled.

The smaller the teams, the more skill matters. What I do in the smaller battlegrounds can make a difference in the game. I like that, I don't like dying 48 times in an AV for absolutely nothing, just cause I got in 8 people's crosshairs.

If you think that the faction imbalance in PvP existed purely in AV, you have been a high level Horde for way too long and need to experience more outside of your box.

I think it's worth pointing out that generally speaking the win/loss percentages for WSG, AB, EotS generally fall somewhere around 55% to 45% on any given day (with Alliance also represented on the higher side). For example, on North American servers yesterday Alliance won more AB battles than the Horde.

AV has gone through greater swings, with alliance winning as much as 75 to 80% of battles (NA servers again as an example) before patch 2.2 and horde winning about 60% so far after 2.2. That being said, there are a bunch of substantive AV changes going into patch 2.3 that will probably shake things up some more (more details on that sometime this week).
#388 - Oct. 1, 2007, 11:23 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

What about for the past month? Year? Since they've been out? I imagine you would have a much different number.

No, not really different.