Brewfest setup: A rant

#0 - Oct. 2, 2007, 8:31 p.m.
Blizzard Post
To whom it may concern,

I get that you guys want to add a touch of "realism" to the sudden arrival of a new event. However, I believe you dropped the ball with this one.

Everywhere I look that had official "Brewfest" information on this website states the event starts October 2nd and lasts until the 16th. I even suffered through the extra maintenance knowing that when it was over there would be something fun to do that would lead to much in-game drinking and general merriment (and liederhosen).

I log-on and race to Ironforge.. only to be met with working dwarves. Perturbed for a moment I speculate maybe it'll only take a few hours at most before the revelry can commence so I log-on to the forums and go in search of the elusive time when Brewfest will officially commence. And there it is, on the general forums written in blue text.

"Brewfest starts October 3rd".

I am really very disappointed. I should have known by now to lower my expectations when it comes to events that you guys hype up.

- Signed a very, very disappointed player.
#37 - Oct. 2, 2007, 9:03 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I could make up some lore reason as to why they're late, or say that the setup day is technically the start of the event, but my own excitement over the holiday leaves me a bit disappointed too.

We try to ensure that the start and end dates of the events are correct, and while they may not always be right, we've improved significantly and run dates through additional checks now to make sure they're correct. It seems that in this particular case there was some miscommunication as to what the start date actually means for Brewfest, it's now very apparent there is a full day of setup that accounts for the start day. I apologize for that.

Rest assured, tonight at midnight, server time, I'll be there, and ready to get my drink on.