/wave Spamming

#0 - Oct. 3, 2007, 10:01 p.m.
Blizzard Post
So I just messaged a GM about /wave spamming. He told me he can't do anything if they do not see it themselves. Unfortunately, that is the problem. I am not psychic or a telepath. I cannot predict what people will do and when they will start to spam their /wave macros.

I report the act whenever it is committed, not ahead of time. And guess what... the GMs take forever to respond. They don't get to me as soon as I put the ticket. It's the exact opposite. It takes them thirty minutes before they get to my ticket. So what on earth am I supposed to do? Keep on sending them tickets about /wave spammers and hope they get caught in the act? What kind of catch-22 is this, Blizzard? What the deuce do you want me to do to help report /wave spammers. Tell me how I can get them banned so I can actually enjoy this festival on normal hours!

P.S. I actually enjoyed this festival until 3pm when all the kids came home. I had 400x Brewfest Tickets before 3pm and I have not increased much since then because of /wave spammers.
#28 - Oct. 3, 2007, 10:20 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Actually, it remembers how many times you waved and you get thrown another drink as soon as you use the one you just threw. Spamming /wave before the dwarves come basically ensures infinite ammo.

Absolutely incorrect.

Once you throw your mug, the barkers will throw you a new one, even if you've only waved once. Spamming wave does nothing to get you additional mugs. Do not spam the /wave command, as it does constitute spamming and thus a violation of the policies to which you agreed.
#53 - Oct. 3, 2007, 10:37 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

But that's the problem. You cannot determine a person's intent because they are spamming /wave. Especially when Blizzard designed the humorous Brewfest content and animation that happens when you do /wave over and over again.

Regardless of how humorous a reaction you may receive, spamming has always been against policy. I understand some people are finding it amusing, but it is still a violation of those terms to which you agree each and every patch.