SILENCE is GOLDEN.....Thanks for nothing.

#0 - Oct. 8, 2007, 10:28 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Being a part of an MMO company must be very rough when you have a hostile audience of forum-goers that await your every response with anticipation similar to getting a Red Ryder BB gun for Christmas.

However, the mostly-silent presence of solid patch 2.3 information being fed to the public seems to scare me more than give me hope for new and exciting additions to the World of Warcraft. While we all know the term "silence is golden" I'm not sure if that really is the case here. I would have to stick to my own assumption in that silence is rotten, rather than golden.

The reason being is that with an aging game such as WOW and so much hype and competition for subsribers on the horizon I would guess that feedback, input, and discussion with CMs and Devs would be much more visible than it has been, (not counting the mindless responses we see to posts like "I love my Kodo" posts).

So why the silence? The information we've been given just today in regards to level-up experience and quest xp increase is something we've heard and known for some time. I believe I speak for myself and others when I say we're a lot more interested in the core-changes being done to classes and balancing that have been promised since Blizz Con a few months ago.

One other thing, a growing number of end-game guilds have completely run out of things to do in your MMO. All things farmed and cleared months ago like Archimonde, Illidan, etc. Whats going to be done to keep raiders raiding now that there's nothing to raid? A 10 man isn't going to solve it.
#6 - Oct. 8, 2007, 10:51 p.m.
Blizzard Post
We posted the vast majority of changes going in to 2.3, and we've been continuing to discuss them. There's only such much you can discuss after the fact until it's actually up on the PTRs and playable.

Something specific you were looking for? There's a lot of good stuff in there.
#55 - Oct. 8, 2007, 11:37 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Well, since you asked.....
How about guild banks? I have a guild with just my characters in it (thanks to some trickery); is a guild bank basically going to give me extra storage shared with alts, or is there going to be some requirement keeping me from doing that? ;)

We purposefully avoided major features which will likely have larger information releases, such as Zul'Aman and Guild Banks. You won't have to wait much longer though.
#58 - Oct. 8, 2007, 11:42 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

I know I always ask this, but...

Soon, Soon® or Very Soon™?

Soonish©