Your complaining got 'Locks nerfed hard.

#0 - Oct. 11, 2007, 11:17 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Gratz everyone on your complaining. You managed to get the 'Locks nerfed hard for patch 2.3, while the rest of you got buffed. I expect to see NO MORE WHINING after this.

Warlock

Banish can no longer be cast on targets tapped by other players or groups.

This nerf kinda sucks, but oh well... can't annoy other players using it now.

Conflagrate: The Immolate debuff will now always be removed correctly when this spell is cast.

Just a fix.

Drain Life and Siphon Life now reduce the amount healed when the warlock is affected by healing reducing effects (e.g. Mortal Strike, Wounding Poison).

HUGE NERF.

Hellfire: This spell will no longer cause enemy spells to increase casting time or reduce channel time. It will also no longer prevent flag captures in Battlegrounds.

Another fix.

Nether Protection (Destruction) now has a new, more distinct visual effect.

i think this was needed.

Ritual of Souls now takes significantly less time to cast and complete.

LOL USELESS CHANGE.

Seed of Corruption detonation will now obey line of sight.

WTF, This changed was NOT needed. Why should SoC obey line of sight??? The ACTUAL AoE comes from the Target we Seed. The target we seed should be obeying line of sight!!!!!!

Shadow Embrace: This talent's effect can no longer trigger other effects.

The only reason I can see for this change and what other locks can see, is that so it would not affect Soul siphon... however soul siphon will be changed... so now what is the point of this change??? I'm not sure.

Shadow Ward: This spell now gains additional benefit from spell damage bonuses. Base absorb value of rank 4 has been reduced.

YAY OUR ONLY BUFF!!!

Soul Siphon (Affliction) now increases damage by 2/4% and no longer affects Drain Mana.

No one is quite sure what this means. Does it mean a flat out 2/4% increase in damage. Or is it actually a 2/4% increase in damage Per Affliction effect.... It doesn't specify affliction effects, so I'm guessing just a flat out 2/4% increase in damage. In which case, it's a HUGE nerf. If it's Per Affliction effect, then I'm not sure quite what the point of it is, other than to reduce the healing we get from it slightly as a result of using drain life/siphon life.

Regardless, I EXPECT NO MORE COMPLAINING.!!
#13 - Oct. 11, 2007, 11:26 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Gratz everyone on your complaining. You managed to get the 'Locks nerfed hard for patch 2.3, while the rest of you got buffed. I expect to see NO MORE WHINING after this.

Drain Life and Siphon Life now reduce the amount healed when the warlock is affected by healing reducing effects (e.g. Mortal Strike, Wounding Poison).

HUGE NERF.

I'm sorry to say that though this may feel like a "nerf" it is in-fact a fix.

Q u o t e:
WTF, This changed was NOT needed. Why should SoC obey line of sight??? The ACTUAL AoE comes from the Target we Seed. The target we seed should be obeying line of sight!!!!!!

This helps you...
#59 - Oct. 11, 2007, 11:39 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

That's a load of crap bro.

I remember awhile back seeing a blue post that the drain /ms issue was working as intended.

2 months later, people are mad QQing about it because they lose in 2v2, which you guys claim this game isn't balanced around, bam, nerf.

You can't just cater to people complaining, thats the biggest mistake that all mmo makers make, and sadly thats what most of the changes reflect.

the 10% damage tax on mages was a good example, it was there for a reason, and removed because the forums were flooded with whiny mages.

Now you'll just have whiny people crying that warlocks are still overpowered, AND warlocks crying that they got nerfed to hell.

We didn't state it was working as intended, and it was an oversight on our part that when brought to our attention, was corrected.

We don't make design decisions based upon player complaint. Trust me. You can come up with examples all day long where you believe this is true simply because we happened to make a change that people were complaining about. A change is made after a problem is brought to our attention, we've researched the matter and feel the issue is real.

It's doubtful you'll want to stop and think about the number of things that people have complained about that we never changed, dating back to classic WoW's initial beta -- because it wouldn't support your current perception.