Help me out here blizz

#0 - Oct. 12, 2007, 3:53 p.m.
Blizzard Post
So leveling changes in 2.3 are good and all but what about those of use who have just re rolled like me who just rolled a rogue got him to 15 then came here and read patch notes.

Now it would be stupid of me to level him now, why spend hours of my time leveling when in 2.3 its gonna take half the time + new content, but then 2.3 could be on the PTR for weeks even months

i would rather not wait and play neither my boring high levels or waste my time leveling pre 2.3
#5 - Oct. 12, 2007, 4:05 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
So leveling changes in 2.3 are good and all but what about those of use who have just re rolled like me who just rolled a rogue got him to 15 then came here and read patch notes.

Now it would be stupid of me to level him now, why spend hours of my time leveling when in 2.3 its gonna take half the time + new content, but then 2.3 could be on the PTR for weeks even months

i would rather not wait and play neither my boring high levels or waste my time leveling pre 2.3

As I see it, you have a few choices: Wait, Don't wait, Play the PTR while waiting.

It's up to you what you want to do. We can't decide that for you. These are changes that are going to help people out in areas they felt needed updating. They are going to take time to test. Then after they are tested, they will be implemented on the live realms. How long that will take? I couldn't say exactly. We don't plan for anything too lengthy nor do we plan for it to be too short either so that we can make sure we don't get some unforeseen issues in the live realms.

I can say that because we are just now into the testing phase of 2.3, that leaves us some room to do more still and we haven't reached the end of our changes for it as of yet. Feedback and testing are still key elements to making this patch something we all want it to be.
#31 - Oct. 12, 2007, 4:28 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Make the game multiply the amount of experience gained by X amount. What's to test? How difficult would it be to add that in a hotfix? Why do all these small things have to wait for a "big release"? Roll out the small stuff as it is finished.

Yes Virginia, there really is a Santa Claus.