Still unable to obtain Barker quest

#0 - Oct. 5, 2007, 3:50 a.m.
Blizzard Post
While I'm very glad that the flag bug for the Barker quest has been resolved, I am a bit worried that the bug that prevents players from obtaining the quest to begin with still seems to be in place for some, even though the quest has been "fixed." The NPCs have never offered this quest to my main, and even after deleting my cache, addons, WTF, and waiting for the fix to roll past, this is still the case.

Are the Blues aware that there is still a less common bug out there that is affecting some people? Or is there some other suggestion as to how to fix this?
#4 - Oct. 5, 2007, 4:08 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Can anyone else experiencing this issue please post the character names and realms this is being experienced on?

Please ensure that:

A: You haven't already completed the quest today. There is only one barker quest per day. Unless you've completed other daily quests you should be able to see if this is the case by opening your quest log and looking in the upper right. If it says "Daily 1/10" then you've probably already done it today.
B: You don't have a failed barker quest in your quest log. Open it and look to see if it's under the Brewfest section and abandon it if you have it.
C: You cannot OBTAIN the quest. If you can get the quest but aren't getting credit when you reach the flags please try again.
#15 - Oct. 5, 2007, 4:28 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Unable to do the barker quest on this character. No one on my server has been able to complete the quest since this morning, at least as far as I'm aware.

We can get the quest, but when we go to the correct location, nothing happens. "1/1", no quest completion.

Please try again, that issue was hotfixed an hour or so ago.
#20 - Oct. 5, 2007, 4:38 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Hrm, I could be wrong but is there a pre-requisite quest before you can obtain the barker quests?
#23 - Oct. 5, 2007, 5:31 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Well appearantly, you cannot have ANY failed quests in your quest log. I had one from un'goro crater that was sitting in there and once I abandoned it, the yellow "!" appeared right on top of the guy.

Interesting, thanks for the info. We'll check that out. Anyone unable to see/accept the quest please look and do the same.
#26 - Oct. 5, 2007, 8:44 p.m.
Blizzard Post
We've been able to confirm that having the quest "A Little Help From My Friends" from Un'Goro Crater failed, but still in your quest log, will prevent your character from being able to accept the barker quests. If you're unable to begin the quest, and are sure the quest hasn't already been done, please ensure the "A Little Help From My Friends" quest is abandoned from your quest log.

We're looking into an actual solution, but removing this quest should allow you to accept and complete the daily barker quests.