New LFG interface, a little confusion...

#0 - Oct. 16, 2006, 8:42 p.m.
Blizzard Post
The preview was a little unclear on a point I was curious about.

So if I were to flag myself as LFG, would that automatically pair me with others vis a vis the meeting stones? Or would I have to wait for someone to search me out via the LFM interface and invite me that way?

On the one hand, it seems LFG will get us "added to a queue of other eligible players looking for a group and matches them up based on preferences they have set." However, since auto-join is optional, I don't see how this could reliably be accomplished.

This looks like a system I will use often, though I already envision user mods to include information such as talent spec and resists/armor information in the list.
#7 - Oct. 16, 2006, 9:06 p.m.
Blizzard Post
When we say 'matches them up' it basically gives you a list of people that are looking for the same thing as you are. You don't HAVE to autojoin as others have said.

Also, those that are group leaders for an LFM group will be able to pick and choose who they want to add to the group from a list of people looking for that sort of group. They can choose to auto add people to the group but they don't have to if they want to be a bit more discerning in who is added.

You are able to open up the LFG and LFM interface from anywhere.

In addition to this, meeting stones will be useable as a summoning point if two members of a group use it to summon a third.