Why are arena titles being removed?

#0 - Oct. 6, 2007, 8:08 p.m.
Blizzard Post
How is this justified? I made Gladiator on two of my characters. Now it's going to be taken away?

Blizzard if you planned to take away titles from arena players that earned their titles then why not announce this at the beginning of season 1. Rather than at the beginning of season 3? This is very frustrating. If i knew this was gonna happen i wouldn't of bothered playing so hard to get the title in the first place.

New color netherdrakes is cool and all to get players to keep wanting to push hard but forcing players to earn the title over and over? Just not fun.
#17 - Oct. 6, 2007, 9:43 a.m.
Blizzard Post
It was announced before season 1.

I don't; however, believe that it was communicated as consistently as could have been possible. It has been posted multiple times, before season 1, and after, but if you were unaware then I apologize. It has been the intention the entire time to only allow the titles to be shown for the season after they're earned.

I think as other information on how the seasons, teams, and actual arena formats and rankings were going to work were the more pertinent pieces of information (who cares what happens in six months!?), it was generally glossed over.

You're able to display your performance from the previous season, so that when a player sees you they can have some recognition of your achievement. This doesn't transfer from season to season as we want players to be able to advance in the arenas, gain ranks, and ultimately improve themselves and then show that to others through the title.