Fix shadow mote drops please

#0 - July 24, 2007, 4:55 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Nagrand drop rates are very low dropling around 1-2 every 6 or 7 kill. The voids around Manaforge Ultris are higher level with even worse drop rates. For every other primal we have plenty of high level mobs with decent drop rates or some equivalent way to farm for them.

Please either raise the drop rates or add level 70 voidspawn area please. I can understand removing them from demons but you have gone from one extreme to another.
#23 - July 25, 2007, 10:20 p.m.
Blizzard Post
The general consensus is that they're still the cheapest of the primals/motes. While prices look to be rising due to some changes a patch or so back to lessen how many mobs can drop shadow motes, they're still not really in-line with the others.

It could be that there is a stockpile, or that they're not generally used for more in-demand items in large amounts, or they're just still easy to come by. More than likely it's some combination of each of those. I don't see the drop rates as being too low personally and I believe the designers agree at this point, and if it appears to be more lucrative to obtain another type of mote or primal they can easily be sold for much more than shadow, and then shadow can be purchased.

We're keeping our eye on things, and if shadow really looks like it was cut back too far we can make adjustments. At this time it doesn't appear (both by drop rate and AH cost) that is the case.

I've been trying to convince someone to have motes of fire have a chance to drop from every type of mineral node, but I don't think they're going for it...
#37 - July 25, 2007, 11:54 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Oh right, Earth, I tend to forget it even exists as my main is a miner. For a while there though I was definitely selling Earth for more than Shadow. I'm not quite sure where it's at now, but I'm sure you're right, I'm sure it is the cheapest overall.