Blizzard you aren't even trying

#0 - Oct. 12, 2007, 11:34 p.m.
Blizzard Post
http://www.mmo-champion.com/images/news/2007/october/s3/bonegrinder.jpg

If this is real, than blizzard you've started on a road of mediocrity never before taken. You've put no creativity into your work and it's showing. Rehashing items over and over again is tollerable for a time, but to be honest it's getting old. Get new graphic designers, it really isn't that hard.

In addition to your lack of effort in weapon design, you give us 'new' items with such upgrades as 400 armor(oh yes this is helpful when you have 18k+ already) and FOUR healing.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/images/news/2007/october/s3/redoubt.jpg

the season 3 items are a let down to say the least. I was really excited and then having seen these... less than inspired 'new' items, I'm quite sad.

To top it all off, you show to the pvp community you have no idea what we want, and this isn't the first time. No BG junkie wants to run a heroic, for any reason. WE DO NOT CARE ABOUT HAVING VARIED PLAY(that being a mix of pve & pvp) WE LIKE WHAT WE LIKE PERIOD.Making us PVE to get the best pvp gear is ubsurd, wrong, cruel, unusual, and simply immoral.

I'm fine with grinding honor. I like holy shocking people to steal Kb's and being #1 in healing done. I like doing BG's even though we need a new bg or two(I'm a Conqueror so yeah). I have no desire to run Heroic Mech 10 times to get pvp gear. I'll simply do without.

I'm not gonna say if *@@% doesn't change, I'ma quit, or something, b/c I play for more than the things i listed here, but at the same time you, blizzard, as a business need to really have a think tank or something and rethink how you want to please your costumer b/c as it stands, you're failing.
#15 - Oct. 13, 2007, 2:29 a.m.
Blizzard Post
As we've stated in the past, we purposefully use the same art for the arena season sets as the PvE sets they're intended to match. We like having that visual recognition of progression where you can see someone across the city and immediately know that they're cutting edge, be it PvP or PvE.

If you already have full Tier 6, then sure I could certainly see your point, you're getting another set that looks almost exactly the same as one you already have. If you don't have full Tier 6 then I think the real issue is probably that you don't like the tier 6 set for your class. So really, the issue isn't matching artwork, it's not liking the artwork in the first place. Hoping new artwork would mean a better chance you like how it looks. If there was new artwork there's no guarantee you would like it more, so I would stick with just saying you don't like the artwork to begin with.

In any case we feel that matching the tier sets with the arena season sets works well for visual recognition, and we plan to continue the same as we have with the past seasons.

As far as itemization goes for season 3, it's matching tier 6. Not everyone is going to like the stat distribution all of the time, and in some cases they aren't distributed to specific stats on purpose. The item levels match their counterparts though, if you don't like how "powerful" the items are then I guess you can blame Tier 6 for being underpowered? They're overall definitely an upgrade, but piece by piece it's fairly minimal from tier to tier.

Q u o t e:
I like holy shocking people to steal Kb's and being #1 in healing done.

No comment.

For the heroic rewards geared towards PvP players, we do want to encourage varied play. We do want players to interact with other players, create guilds, form bonds and friendships, and experience the game as a whole, not just one little corner. In some cases we have to reinforce that by mixing players together, forcing them to take some time away from their corner of the world and interact with the rest of the populace, if even just for a while.

With Karazhan, Zul'Aman, heroics, and the heroic daily quests all giving badges there shouldn't be a shortage. In any case, if it's really painful, I doubt that anyone is going to need them unless you're really competing for top honors on your battlegroup. Even then you'll have quite a while to get them before you push for the end of season 3.
#20 - Oct. 13, 2007, 2:35 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
I can understand the re-use of the T6-Season three gear, but what about everything else? It seems like all of the BC gear was rehashed from pre-bc gear.

You mean some of the leveling items you kept for a couple days? Yeah, we didn't think they were worth spending time on either. :)

We appropriate our art assets, and if reusing art for an item you throw away after playing for a few hours allows us to create a new item you may keep for months, then it shouldn't be too hard to guess how easy that decision is.

Also, not everyone had tier 2 for all of their characters/classes, I know I didn't. I liked being able to wear some of those pieces.
#25 - Oct. 13, 2007, 2:40 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
to XP the game as a whole, you'd have to be able to get into all of it. that being said, how do you presume that most of the gamers who play this game are getting into Black tower? Tempest Keep? SSC? exactly. MOST players are Casual, Most players chose to go pvp or pve and MOST players do a little of both, but should not be forced to go and do both. there was a clear line there, it should not have been crossed. this is a bad move.

It's a good thing then that heroic badges don't come out of BT, TK, or SSC.

Also, if they're casual about their PvP, I'm guessing they probably aren't going to need the capes/trinkets.

If it's an issue we can put them in SSC with the rings. ;)