The Time Has Come for Guild Taxes!

#0 - Oct. 15, 2007, 10:43 p.m.
Blizzard Post
With the implementation of guild banks in 2.3, the time has come for guild taxes. We must provide funding mechanisms for these “central” banks. Without the ability to levy and collect taxes, we will create impotent institutions just as the Article of Confederation created. We must not forget the work of the Hamilton.

I propose we give our guilds the following specific voluntary powers to fund these “central” banks:
1. The power and ability to levy and collect a regular membership fee that is variable by membership level and period (i.e. weekly, monthly).
2. The power and ability to levy and collect an ad valorem tax on any monies looted by a member of the guild.

We must demand the ability for guilds, for which individuals are free to enter and exit, the ability to create both these ad valorem taxes and membership fees in order to fund these “central” banks.
#14 - Oct. 15, 2007, 11:04 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
BURN HIM!

kthx.

Is he made of wood?
#47 - Oct. 15, 2007, 11:23 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

My favorite mod helped derail my thread. :(

:( I can put it back on track. Hold on.

*Personal experience interjection*

I've seen guild 'taxes' work well in my past experiences provided they are set to be both reasonable and fair. The guild as a whole needs to decide on what seems equitable and then need to decide on what the best use of the funds should be. Provided everyone is clear about what is expected both as someone paying into the system and those that are handling the funds for guild acquisitions such as potions etc, there shouldn't be any controversy.

It's like anything else guild related, its success or failure is dependent on the guild itself, the structure, and the discipline of the members.
#60 - Oct. 15, 2007, 11:40 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Thank you.

Now, I completely agree. The tax rates must be clear to all guild members. This can be solved by several ways. If it is to be private, have it as additional information on the guild tab. If it is to be public, have it on the armory or whatever website there will be for guild banks.

I understand these take months or more, but we need to have the ability to fund these banks with full disclosure to the guild and in an automated fashion.

I think currently, we'd rather the idea of taxes come from a more organic means. Should additional functionality be put in to Guild Banks, we'll let people know, but it may not be seen as fun or even voluntary if it's added as a part of the Guild Banks right now or even ever.
#63 - Oct. 15, 2007, 11:43 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Well.if this is thewway you want it......let neathera hold the banks.....I mean he is honest and trustable right?

I don't think you know me so, please refrain from inferences about these sorts of things. ;)
#152 - Oct. 17, 2007, 5:42 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
In this game if you don't hear someones voice they are a he. Way too many cross gender players to treat it any other way.

Ignorance is bliss I guess.